Vanden Plas will not perform at the Showcase

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
As you may have noticed on the main page, Vanden Plas will not be able to perform tonight. Please understand this situation did not arise until last night. The band and Shane have done everything possible to make it happen, but we are not optimistic.

This is not a time to criticize either the band or Shane. In fact, Shane has almost had a nervous breakdown over the situation. He has worked hard all year for this show and you have no idea how bad he feels about this. He will address the crowd tonight and attempt to give more details. However, please respect the band's privacy over the matter. Shane will be talking with Vanden Plas after the festival and they will issue a joint statement.

Due to the last minute situation, there is simply no way to find a top tier replacement. Shane is still exploring his options, however, they are very limited.

A new schedule will be posted at the venue door. We anticipate Freak Kitchen to extend their set and put on the show of their career. Mattias is up for the challenge.

Once again, this is not the time for negative posts about Shane or Vanden Plas. Life gets in the way sometimes and shit happens.

Glenn

This is not a time to criticize either the band or Shane.
Once again, this is not the time for negative posts about Shane or Vanden Plas. Life gets in the way sometimes and shit happens.

Glenn

Although I understand that this is a disapointment for many here, I for one can not see why the band or Shane would/should be criticized. You said it best with " Life gets in the way sometimes and shit happens".

Try not to stress to hard Shane. It's not life and death brother.

Sucks for all involved, and for all VP fans. But can't blame anybody without knowing the details, and even then shit happens so not going to.

Glenn & Shane, maybe Canvas Solaris would play? They are all Georgians... not sure maybe they are even going to the show. But if only 3 bands, then I can't wait for the FK extended set!

Just found out about this myself. Do we know if they are even going to be in the US this weekend?

All I know is that they apparently called and cancelled their hotel reservations last night around 7:00. Stephan was supposed to call me today if he had time. If by some chance I do still hear from him, I'll see what I can find out.

Glenn & Shane, maybe Canvas Solaris would play? They are all Georgians... not sure maybe they are even going to the show. But if only 3 bands, then I can't wait for the FK extended set!

I was thinking this too. There is no telling what could happen with this being a last minute situation. It will be a great show one way or the other.

Definately sucks for VP. I wanted to see VP tonight, and even though FK may be/is playing an extended set, I still feel bad for the VP fans. Kudos to Shane and Glenn for trying to make it happen, anybody giving them shit for any of this are beyond wrong.

If Zak is hanging around all weekend... is Circle II CIrcle possible? I know that breaks the "every 2" rule... but under such circumstances, why not?

I just found out myself, what a bummer... but I totally understand there are always reasons stuff like this can happen. Being a VP fan, and they were one of the main draws for me, it's a bummer... but I know the show will still go on and that still is something to look forward. Thanks to Shane and Glenn for doing all they have done.

That totally sucks when all of your hard work falls apart due to circumstances out of your control...the show will still be a complete success though, especially with an extended set from Freak Kitchen.

hell, why not just throw the PM guys up there, they're already playing 2 sets. I'm sure they can just come up with a bunch of stuff to play.

I'm so sorry Shane that you have to deal with this last minute mess. I'm confident that the show will still be amazing and I'm really looking forward to tonight!

Though, I wonder... Does this mean that the start time of the show will be pushed back? I'm still debating whether or not to skip my 5-6pm Calculus III class.

Shane is in an exceptionally bad spot because not only does he
have to deal with this, but perform tonight as well. I think the
show is going to be incredible regardless of this drawback, so
everyone come on out and enjoy the festivities!!! See you in
about 4 hours...

As more of an FK fan than VP this is not unhappy news to me, but I'm sure it sucks for the VP fans. Kudos to Shane and Glenn for handling this in a professional manner and I hope this unfortunate turn of events leads to yet another something special for this year's PPUSA.

- R

That's a damn shame, I was really looking forward to seeing them again. Maybe some other time.

On the other hand, I am thrilled at the thought of an extended Freak Kitchen set. They were gods last year, and I have been looking forward to seeing them again since about 15 seconds after they stopped playing at PP last year.

dt