Vanden Plas - New Album sound samples...

I used to have an account there years ago. Honestly, it's a VERY slow board, which is why I stopped coming.

and before you call me a hypocrite for not contributing to it, yeah, I know I'm a hypocrite. :D

arglebargle said:
I used to have an account there years ago. Honestly, it's a VERY slow board, which is why I stopped coming.

and before you call me a hypocrite for not contributing to it, yeah, I know I'm a hypocrite. :D

Well, its picked up a little because of the upcoming album. You should check it out. I'd provide a link if I had one...................:loco:

Ultimatemetal is such a large community and so this is the best place to spread the word and talk bollocks for me anyway.

I've looked at the VP board and it's the same for so many bands who have forums on their main web page, it really is no reflection on them but people will think it is. If SYMX had their own forum, away from ultimate metal I doubt it would be as popular. Of course huge bands like DT have big forum bases but when you get to the unprecedented huge scale of popularity like the Iron Maiden board, you become anonymous and just another post that happens every 6 seconds so populairty can be a good or bad thing in this respect.

Tell that Stephan Lill they need a UM forum!! That would kick it into gear I think.

ThornsOfSorrow said:
I used to lurk on there quite a bit, but like people have already said, it was pretty slow...

So, the reason people don't go there is because its slow. The reason its slow is because people don't go there. :err:

You just pop on for a minute, say something if you want, if there's nothing new to reply to, check back tomorrow. ;)

I'll tell you though, its the easiest damn moderating job. :D

Snowmaker said:
So, the reason people don't go there is because its slow. The reason its slow is because people don't go there. :err:

You just pop on for a minute, say something if you want, if there's nothing new to reply to, check back tomorrow. ;)
Haha okay, I may just do that. I'll go back to lurking at the very least, but then that doesn't help to solve the problem of it being slow, does it?

haha...maybe we should all go over into the Vanden Plas forums and thank them for bringing up quite a stir in the Symphony X forums... Lol the fact that their forums are running slowly has ironicly made our forum run suffeciently faster lol! Hurray to the Slow vanden plas forums

To underline my point about main website based forums not being a reflection of a bands quality or popularity check out Andromeda's forum:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Andromeda_Forum/

Andromeda are a band equally as stunning as Vanden Plas or Symphony X yet theirs is yet another 'tumbleweed' forum serving to generate about as much interest as George Bush has in the Kyoto agreement.

Once again, get Vanden Plas and Andromeda for that matter on UM and get that fuckin tumbleweed out of the scarlet flower fields!