Vanden Plas

To be honest Steve, I hadn't heard of them until you mentioned them. Got a few of their tracks off their website; they're quite impressive. I'll keep my eyes open for one of their albums. They've been going since 1986, so their stuff should be pretty easy to get hold of. Considering they're prog, I'd go see them If they played in London.

Vanden Plas are amazing and one of my favourite bands, I particularly love their album 'Beyond Daylight'.

Last time I saw Vanden Plas was back in September 1997 at the Forum in London, when they supported Dream Theater on their Touring Into Infinity Tour.

I'd love to see them back in the UK.

Yes, you may count me as one fan. Though wouldn't going see them if playing in the UK since I am from another lands. But anyway I am so much waiting to hear more from them. I have heard they are really composing new material, and some bigger production too, just can't remember exactly. Abydos the solo project of vocalist Andy Kuntz was pretty good and enough different. One day also hopefully a live DVD will see the daylight, and any shows near by Finland or maybe Sweden at least.

Hi all. :)

Funnily enough I was just over the bands new website about 5 minutes ago. I didn't realise they had changed websites/forums again, and it was only becauise I couldn't enter the old one, I did a search for some news, not a lot has been happening though. :(

Vanden Plas are one of my favourite bands. They are the German equivalent of the excellent British band Threshold, whereby they write progressive metal songs that are not technically mindboggling like Dream Theater, but have enough prog and big hooks and melodies to keep me satisfied. I would love to see them over here (U.K.) if the timing was right.

Now it's official: "Abydos" will be brought to the stage! Andy Kuntz' "Heavy Mental Shadow Opera" will premier in Kaiserslautern's Pfalztheater next February. It will be the city's official cultural contribution to the FIFA Football World Cup 2006 in Germany! Vanden Plas will play live with big choirs, the orchestral arrangements of Stefan Glass and an ensemble with more than 50 persons.
Günter Werno will be the musical director and Andy Kuntz will play the main character "Fly"!
The music of the show mainly comes from the Abydos album, but a few VP tracks will also be involved in the storyboard.

In other news, the next VP album had to be delayed for several reasons. First, Stephan has been bery sick throughout 2004 and had to take a small backseat (he's now starting to get better). The band also needs some time to
build a new rehearsal room. The good news is that the band have just finished the preproduction of the new songs ! According to Stephan, they are heavy songs with progressive elements and catchy vocal lines, and sound like
a mix of all the previous albums... but somehow a little different to what they have done before !
"Christ Zero" will most likely be released around january/february 2006.