Vangough - new excellent progmetal band

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Progulus posted about them on a different board, and I'm agreeing with everything he said
--------------------------------

Vangough-Manikin Parade (2008)

Is there anything quite like the feeling of realizing a great CD is for the first time? You start to get an adrenaline rush and keep asking yourself "am I really hearing this?.... holy crap!" That moment is probably one of the reasons that I love new music and pour through new CDs endlessly.

Vangough is one of these bands for me. Their indie release has kept my ears glued to my speakers since I started listening to it. It's shocking really just how good it is. The singer has an incredible range and can sound anywhere from Dan Gildenlow on the high end, to Tom Englund on the more gutteral/raspy end, to Roy Khan on the clean mid-range. The instrumentation and songwriting from the band is very dynamic as well, they can do heavy, they can do mellow, and the many degrees in between. Let me just say that the songwriting here is spectacular. The production is really good too for a debut, too. The indie CD includes a double fold-out digipack (but sadly no insert/lyrics book.)

Do yourself a favor and buy this CD. You won't regret it. You know I don't spout my mouth off around here too often about albums, but this is probably the most promising young band/CD I've heard since Pain of Salvation's Entropia and is on par with last years Votum CD... another band that came out of nowhere.

www.myspace.com/officialvangough

I will have to listen to this when I get home...no myspace access at work!

:lol: :lol: At people here enjoying this when this is straight Pain of Salvation worship.

This is awesome though, I've always said the world can use more PoS worshipping.

2 threads for Vangough...and no posts on the one posted 1st...hmmm...

And that's really a shame as it seems theres so much stuff being recommended here that completely falls under the radar unless its being posted by Glenn.

2 threads for Vangough...and no posts on the one posted 1st...hmmm...

Don't sweat it Ascension. I got called a "damn fool" on here this week. :lol: You're kind of like what Steve Spurrier is to us Volunteer fans. He made us mad while he coached at Florida, but we missed him after he left. In other words, he made it fun! :) We're like a family here. We're going to bitch and argue with one another from time to time. Also, Glenn (daddy) has to come in and kick our butts too, but it's all good in the long run. I think we'd all miss each other if ProgPower didn't exist. :kickass:

~Brian~

This is great music. My girlfriend is just discovering metal and she loves prog, power. She's gonna love this. I'm ordering immediately!!!!!

Well Progulus posted on them. I just copied what he said ;)

Glenn can delete or merge or whatever he wants with this thread. Even to leave it alone. I'm not out there looking for discovery cred or any B.S. like that.