Varg Vikernes is a fucking idiot

a lot of people are already reaching conclusions, and there aren't any.

As my usual pessimistic self:

7788d1348587958-does-go-lighting-sound-new-product-makes-you-scratch-your-head-welcome-world-tomorrow.jpeg

:heh:

Wrote quite a lengthy rant and then deleted it. Fuck it. Just don't jump into conclusions. As far as I know, they got nothing legit against Vikernes.

What I said. If we go by intuition, he's been known to be a hater and an asshole, but they don't really have anything to be sure yet, yet so many websites are claiming he was arrested for attempting a terrorist attack, when it's more like "he's suspicious of maybe planning something creepy".

What I said. If we go by intuition, he's been known to be a hater and an asshole, but they don't really have anything to be sure yet, yet so many websites are claiming he was arrested for attempting a terrorist attack, when it's more like "he's suspicious of maybe planning something creepy".

Yeah. An acquaintance of mine got arrested on his way to school a couple of years back. Several patrols taking him down in public, his apartment raided, computer gear taken and so on. Why? The authorities suspected him of planning something creepy as well. Because he plays airsoft, hunts, doesn't drink and likes jogging. Needless to say, he was innocent.

Yeah. An acquaintance of mine got arrested on his way to school a couple of years back. Several patrols taking him down in public, his apartment raided, computer gear taken and so on. Why? The authorities suspected him of planning something creepy as well. Because he plays airsoft, hunts, doesn't drink and likes jogging. Needless to say, he was innocent.

Doesn't drink?? Now THAT'S suspicious, classical mass murderer behaviour alright! :lol:

I hear you guys. It's pretty clear by now that he did nothing. Authorities are now saying it was a "preemptive arrest" whatever that's supposed to mean. I doubt he will charged with anything except maybe "Incitement to racial hatred" which is a crime in France.
He's still a fucking idiot though. His blog is full a gibberish paranoid conspiratorial antisemitic and racist bullshit.

I could have SWORN having seen Varg (or at least his exact twin) a couple of months back, while on my bike commute.. Wish I had snapped a picture to post
(but it would have been quite weird to ask some random dude for a picture)..

^ I don't think so, it would be IF he got arrested in the end. THAT is Minority Report. Checking a potential criminal, is not, and is just pro-active protection of society, instead of re-active.

I find it kinda good if they get preemptive with THIS particular kind of guys. If he indeed had been planning a massacre, and had done it, it would have been too late and lives would have been lost. As long as they don't actually put him in jail before he does anything OR have any factual evidence of him planning a massacre, I don't find it bad at all. I don't think it's that paranoid to go check this lunatic when he collects weapons at home, legally or not. They don't check normal people who own rifles at home (like hunters) but if they do when a criminal out of jail, openly racist and nationalist, involved in any way with breivik, etc etc, gets weapons, I think they're simply doing their job properly. Also, no matter what people who are into weapons will say, these are not normal objects to collect, and it's normal to me to have people tightly checked when they're out of prison and buy several of them.

Plus, there is a non neglictable percentage of recidivism anyway. We always complain ex-criminals are too free to act dangerously again.

Having the police knock on your door and arrest you to interrogate you in france is rare, it's not like this is something usual at all. I get it as the system is working and if he was planning anything, at least now he knows he cannot do it in my country because he will get the GIGN all around his place before he even leaves it with his guns, and the GIGN are those guys who assaulted 4 terrorists barricaded in a plane while losing 0 civilian or allied life. So I'm ok with this.

I'm okay with using reliable and immutable intelligence to make these kind of judgement calls. But it seems like they had neither in this instance.

BTW he got his wife buy 4 "kinda heavy weapons" (whatever this means) at the same time very recently. He is factually linked to neonazi groups, posts pictures of him in teutonic outfits along with anti-racial blog posts, and painted his car in army camouflage. He might just be nuts, but I think it's good the police go check one of those guys just in case especially when he has some history behind him. Also, policemen have nothing to do in those countryside areas, if they don't check this kind of guys, what would they be good for ?

I'm okay with using reliable and immutable intelligence to make these kind of judgement calls. But it seems like they had neither in this instance.

Which is why he is not in jail, but was checked because he's an ex criminal who bought 4 guns, received personally Breivik's manifesto, posted nazi and racial comments online. I don't see how this is too much. They are also checking his HDD just in case. I'm pretty sure he has nothing illegal on it, he's probably not stupid enough for that, but I'm all fine with this. He's not the typical redskin either.

Also if you're waiting for factual things to arrest someone, it might be too late already. And again, we're not talking charging someone, but interrogating. This is completely different and there is are procedures for that. You can get 24h in a jail for waiting for your alcohol level to decrease, I think it's good as well if you can get 24h when you are/do what Varg is/does.