Various Artists - Visual Rebellion III

Zack

charting my way to top :)
Feb 9, 2005
Various Artist- Visual Rebellion III [DVD]
Century Media – 77656-7P - 2005
by Zack Attaran

images4iu1.jpg

The idea of putting together sampler DVDs has long been an appealing idea for me. It shows the listener what record labels are putting out there and really no harm can come from it, unless you completely ruin the production of the music video with shit editing. Unfortunately, Century Media managed to do this and it really hurts the artists appeal, doing more harm than good. The videos sound like they’re coming out of a vacuum cleaner and some of them are cut short. This could be due to me having a promo copy, however, so the final product may be better (or worse), but who really knows. The only other problem that I’m postive the final copy has is God Forbid’s “live” video, which isn’t live at all, rather clips of them playing the song to a track (which is what a music video is, not a live preformance)

Overall, this is a great idea the Century Media could’ve done a much better job with. If you’re new to metal, though, you definitely need this because it has some spectacular bands on it that you won’t want to be without.

6/10

UM’s Review Rating Scale

Century Media