VCC Related Question

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hey guy's

just got the demo for vcc and read the manual etc however it got me a little bit confused. im aware this is a serious n00b question but im confused not clueless :)

basically say for example i put vcc on the master to mix into, do i then load up an insert of vcc channel on each channel strip with group enabled on my master insert?

would that then group them all up automatically or would i have to assign them all seperately?

and when people say they put seperate consoles on drums etc and guitars are they still linked to the master insert in the group but seperate settings?

so confused

hope you can help me out :)

There is no "rule". You can put it where ever it sounds the best for your mix, but I believe the suggested use for the VCC is to apply the VCC channel strip to every channel in your mix and place it as the first plug in within the chain. Apply the VCC mix bus as the first plug in within your mix buss. Easy. Be careful not to get carried away with the knobs!

what about before ampsims? surely in there case youd put it afterwards to affect the tone rather than the DI? then do i link them all to the mixbuss one in my buss2?

what about before ampsims? surely in there case youd put it afterwards to affect the tone rather than the DI?

To replicated a traditional mic'd amp through a console, you'd put the VCC Channel plug after your amp sim.

then do i link them all to the mixbuss one in my buss2?

You can then assign it to the same group as the VCC Mix Bus plug on your two bus (if you want to link the settings between them) or just process it independently, there's no right or wrong way to use it.