veil of maya-mikasa mix opinion & critics

matteo95

Mar 12, 2016
I just released this mixtest of Mikasa by Veil of Maya. I'm still an amateur on audio engineering,I'd be glad for any advices and tips.

I think this is pretty solid overall, but I have one big complaint about something you could easily fix: the reverb time on the snare reverb is waaaay too long, and the room size you've selected may be a bit too big, you might wanna make the room a tiny bit smaller and shorten the time so that the reverb is at LEAST half dead by the time the next snare hit comes in, and then follow that with EQ to get rid of the "Wooshwooshwooshwoosh" I'm hearing (listen to it in the intro). The ring on the snare may be a bit much as well... Otherwise, really good overall in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback! You're completely right,I focused on other parts losing this critic point,I fixed this problem(and re-programmed the intro) in a new version!

Quite good on my opinion!!, so I feel a lack Of bottom end, (listening trough cheap headphones maybe I'm not right) but if I'm right try to increase a little bit around 50hz In kick and compress with C4 from 85 to 40 hz In bass then increase a bit this band

I updated the mix with a change in guitar sound(was shitty imho) and some minor fixes. Still not that great,but better than before..