Vengeance Vocalist announced!

Rapture Radio is proud to be the official mouthpeice for the Vengeance reuinion and now unleahes the mystery vocalist for the Vengeance reuinon!
I bring this to you before it goes public on Rapture Radio!
Enjoy!

1.First and formost how do you feel about Roxx and Rapture a Christian
Production company (Though it should be noted Roxx is progressing beyond
Christian Metal)Joining together?How do you feel about a Secular Metal
statyion playing Ultimatum?

Internet radio is cool. I am glad to hear you guys are hooking up with Roxx. The Roxx guys are excellent promoters. Ultimatum have been working with them for years. I know they will do good thins for Rapture Radio as well.

As for secular radio playing Ultimatum, well, sounds good to me. Ultimatum are not strangers to playing in secular venues. As a matter of fact, our last album was released on Gutter/Massacre Records, which isn't a Christian label. They sent out hundreds of promo copies to radio stations and magazines without even mentioning our Christian beliefs, which was also cool with me. Ultimatum are a metal band and that is how we want to be promoted. We are not ashamed of who we are. Each member of Ultimatum is a Christian, so that comes through in our music loud and clear. However, metal is metal and it should not be put in a separate category simply because we sing about things from a Christian perspective.

2.Your sound is very retro some might even say outdated why does Ultimatum play such retro material?

We have never cared about staying current or trying to keep up with trends. We have been around since 1992 playing metal. In the 90's when people were proclaiming that metal was dead, we were still playing it. It's what we do and what we like. For us, it's not about trying to be the biggest band in the world or getting a big record deal, it's just about playing the music we like. If others like it, that's cool. If not, that's cool to. We just do what we do. The funny thing is, it seem the trends are coming back around. With bands like Exodus, Nuclear Assault, Meliah Rage, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Vengeance, and all the old thrash and speed metal bands reforming and putting out new material, there is a real swing towards the style we play.

3.Your CD's have done very well in the Christian market sles seem very good why the departure from Rowe Productions?

Well, we asked to be let go by Rowe so that we could sign with Gutter Records in Germany. Steve Rowe, the owner of Rowe Productions is a great guy, but Rowe Productions wasn't doing much in the way of promotion for the band. We thought that Gutter would get us to a wider audience.

4.Tell us about Ultimatums influences and why You chose to go into the
Christian market?

Our influences are pretty wide. My personal influences in my writing and in the way I present myself with the band comes from bands like Vengeance Rising, Mortification and Sardonyx. I have always respected these bands as they took a bold stance for their faith, yet they also didn't compromise their music. As a whole, Ultimatum are influenced by most of the late 80's and early 90's metal scene. Anyone from Iced Earth to Overkill to Stryper. We are all just big metal fans.

We have never concerned ourselves with being "in the Christian market." We play bars and clubs, rather than churches. It's not that we are against playing in churches, as we have performed in some as well. However, as I stated, we are a metal band. We belong in the bars and clubs playing in front of metal fans. Even from a Biblical perspective, this is the way we are to be. We are to share the good news of grace in Jesus to the world. How can we do that if we are only playing to the church who already believe? Jesus was accused of eating with sinners. Ultimatum can be accused of the same thing. It's our calling and our passion.

5.Can you tell us some of the bigger events Ultimatum has played and about
your success in the Christian market,Do you get alot of radio airplay?

Bigger events? We have played a bunch of different metal festivals. We played at the Stryper Expo in Anaheim in 2001, which was a blast. There were a few thousand people at that show. We performed at the Extreme Martigras 2002 that Roxx put on. That show was a blast as people were just crammed against the stage and bangin' away. We tend to mostly do club gigs.

6.I noticed on your webpage(www.ultimatum.net) You have a degree in Desighn is this something you did for the band or was it initially something to do for a living?

Actually I am a graphic designer. This is what I do for a living. Actually I have branched out and am doing more specialized work. I am now doing color correcting for fine art prints. It's pretty challenging. Artists get to paint their paintings in any of a thousand colors, and I have to make their prints look as close to the originals with just the four basic printing colors. I also do a lot of photo manipulation and such, which is cool. So basically I spend my days starring at a computer screen and playing with Photoshop. It's a fun job.

7.I also noticed a section of fans whom have Ultimatum Tattoo's do you
receive any backlash from the Christian community for this?

None that I am aware of. As a matter of fact, I had my tat colored in at the Stryper Expo I told you about earlier.

8.The market has changed so much since the early days of Christian
Metal, like when Vengeance and Believer and even Deliverance came out it was completely shocking and almost taboo what is it that makes Ultimatum gain attention seeing as how it is not so shocking any longer?

Well as I said, we really don't focus on the Christian market because there really isn't one for metal any longer. We just play our music and have been doing it for years. We share the stage with bands who don't share our beliefs and we get along with them fine. We still have our share of fans that are Christians, but if you come to an Ultimatum show you will find just as many non-Christians. I also think Ultimatum fills a void. Bands like Believer, Deliverance, etc. have been long gone for years, yet there are still people longing to hear that style of metal, so we are also catering to them.

9.What is your view on the affairs of secular Metal and whom do you like?

There has been a ton of great releases in the last few years. I am a CD collector and have thousands of metal CDs. I like everything from modern bands like Sevendust and Shadows Fall to the reunited thrashers like Death Angel and Exodus to melodic death metal bands like Arch Enemy and Opeth. I am also a big fan of all the European true metal bands. Bands like Edguy, Grave Digger, Blind Guardian, U.D.O., Hammerfall, Brainstorm. There is even a bunch of excellent American metal bands like Nevermore, Symphorce and Iced Earth. There are a ton of killer metal bands out these days.

10.There seems to be alot of speculation that Ultimatum is involved with the current Vengeance reunion, would you like to comment on this speculation?

The speculation and rumors can now come to an end. Yes, I will be singing for Vengeance at the reunion show in California this August. I know some people have been asking if anything will happen beyond the one show. All I can say is, we will see. There is talk about us recording a few new songs, however, nothing is written in stone yet. The concert will be recorded for a possible DVD and CD release as well. This is pretty exciting for me since I have been a Vengeance fan since '87.

11.Congratulations on this amazing honor! How did you first find out about this and when were you contacted?

Yes, it is an honor for me.

In 2002 Ultimatum were performing at the Extreme Martigras show I was telling you about earlier. We performed a cover of the Vengeance track "Burn." Glenn Mancaruso happen to be at the show and heard our performance. After our set Glenn came back stage and talked to me for a few. He said that if Vengeance ever did a reunion that I should sing for them. I was blown away. Actually I played the crazed fan and asked him to sign my Vengeance CD that I had in my gig bag. Talk about a cheese head! Anyhow, two years later I get a call from Roxx asking me if I would be interested in the gig, and of course I said I was. I talked it over with the guys in Ultimatum and they were all cool with it.

12.Have you been rehearsing with the band?
No, I haven't rehearsed with the band yet. Unfortunately I live in New Mexico, while Larry, Glenn and Doug all live in California. Roger Dale Martin is living in Tennessee. He and I will be flying to California the week before the gig to practice as a band. I have been just practicing on my own to CDs and a bootleg I have. I have been in contact with Larry Farkas pretty regularly over the phone. I am looking forward to going out there and jamming with them.

can you give us any details on the show itself?

We be performing a ton of songs off the first two Vengeance CDs as well as a few other surprises.

13.How does it feel to have this great honor?

Yes, as I said, I am pumped about it. It really is an honor for me to sing for those guys, being such a big fan for all these years. I mean, it would have been cool to have had Roger Martinez singing with them, but since he isn't able to do it, I am stoked that they chose me. It's going to be a blast.

14.Is their a possibility of you joining Vengeance fulltime and recording a new album with them?

I read on the Vengeance Forum that Larry said that if there is a need for Vengeance, he is open to what the Lord wants to do, so who know. As far as joining them full time, I don't know that this will ever happen. I am committed to Ultimatum for one. Also, with Roger Dale and myself being so far removed from the others, it would make it kind of hard. Most of the guys, including myself, are married, have full time jobs, kids, mortgages, etc., so I don't see anything happening on a big scale. Honestly, however, I don't know what the future holds. We will have to see how this show goes.

15.Any last words for the fans and can you point everyone in the right
direction for information on the upcoming Vengeance reunion?

Tickets are already on sale at www.mollyguard.com/event/11396086 .
Tickets are $20 with a $2 Processing/Shipping Fee per order. Molly Guard is a premier new ticketing method that is done in conjunction with PayPal. Only 300 tickets are going to be sold, so this show is going to sell out. Get your tickets fast as Roxx has already had a terrific response without even promoting the show yet.

Thanks for the interview. Everyone please check out the Ultimatum site at www.ultimatum.net Stop by our discussion board and say hi. Also, stop by the Vengeance board at p204.ezboard.com/froxxproductionsfrm9 and say hi to the Vengeance guys. I can be found at either board under the name ultmetal.