VENOM/DEVILDRIVER U.S. Tour Cancelled

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I Regret to inform you that the Venom Tour ,featuring DevilDriver as main support has been cancelled due to immagration problems with Venom entering the United States.

DevilDriver is currently writing for our 3rd record,and will be leaving for Australia and New Zealand in September.

See ya at the show's. Dez Fafara

Is my imagination or UK bands are having more and more problems to tour USA these days? Baldy's band suffered a bit ago, Saxon has passed through it too. What's the problem, fear of the red coats? :err:

NP: The Ordeal - 'Chained To The Dark'

Yes, cancelled, but September dates are already coming in (see Blabbermouth)! Thank goodness, as i really kinda wanted to see Venom.

Samoth of Emperor recently had trouble entering the U.S. as well. People are going nuts with the immigration stuff these days.

There is no confirmation from either Venom, Pollstar, House of Blues or Ticketmaster that the shows have been cancelled . Being that the only place running the story is Blabbermouth, we'll have to wait to find out if this is true, especially considering Blabbermouth's history of getting their stories screwed up.

8:04 p.m. PDT

I have checked with Ticketmaster again and the shows are still in place.

Evil? said:
People are going nuts with the immigration stuff these days.

Yeah that was my point with this thread. I understand the whole immigration problem after 9/11, damn I was there at the time and I live it in the flesh.

But IMO one thing is a poor schmuck like me who nobody knows and another is a recognized artist that have label support and all that jazz. I can't understand how a visa can be denied to a band that has already tour USA at some time and is recognized everywhere :Smug:

Wyvern said:
Yeah that was my point with this thread. I understand the whole immigration problem after 9/11, damn I was there at the time and I live it in the flesh.

But IMO one thing is a poor schmuck like me who nobody knows and another is a recognized artist that have label support and all that jazz. I can't understand how a visa can be denied to a band that has already tour USA at some time and is recognized everywhere :Smug:

This is actually not the first time that this has happened to Venom. In 1987, the band was to tour the US in support of Calm Before The Storm and was denied visa clearances by the State Department of the Ronald Reagan Administration for reasons that were never divulged. Rob Halford also had problems getting his visa to tour the US back in 2002 and several dates of Halford's tour were postponed because of the inefficiency of the State Dept.

I just checked the site for the venue where I was going to go see them and it says that the show has been postponed. :/

u.s immigration has taken a hard line with work visas since 9/11,they are taking longer to process than they used to i think,and are being put under more scrutiny.
it is also far more expensive to obtain work visas for the u.s than here in the uk funnily enough.for bands to come and play in the uk from the u.s,work permits will normally take about 5 days and cost $250.
we attempted to get ours for the u.s,we had to employ a law firm and the cost would have been $4,000.even with the law firm helping it would have taken up to 60 days.
to be honest its insane.and rather unfair.

baldyboy said:
it is also far more expensive to obtain work visas for the u.s than here in the uk funnily enough.for bands to come and play in the uk from the u.s

to be honest its insane.and rather unfair.

It's the same with tourist visas here. USA citizens cn come with no visa as far as I know but if I want to apply for a visa for USA it'll cost me $114, a long line in the embassy and they can deny it and keep the money!

My view is that visas requirements/prices should be reciprocal between any country for travelling, working or just passing by.

NP: Pink Floyd - 'On The Turning Away'

Wyvern said:
Is my imagination or UK bands are having more and more problems to tour USA these days? Baldy's band suffered a bit ago, Saxon has passed through it too. What's the problem, fear of the red coats? :err:

NP: The Ordeal - 'Chained To The Dark'

I bumped into Lemmy recently inside the US Embassy in London. I had to get a Visa to go the the States. Looks like he did too.

:kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

sumairetsu said:
THus far, nothing Official has been anounced for this tour. :kickass:
The venue that I was supposed to be seeing them at tomorrow says the show is postponed.

Impudent said:
The venue that I was supposed to be seeing them at tomorrow says the show is postponed.

Alright. Thus far, the show for Los Angeles is still the same (same for S.F. too, I think).

sixxswine said:
The new Venom record is so-so too much Zakk Wylde Squeals on it, but the double set of previous works is pretty damn good.

Actually I consider it a great album and a great "comeback", very thrash and raw enough to be still tasteful. :headbang:

NP: Yngwie Malmsteen - 'Faster Than The Speed Of Light'

Wyvern said:
Actually I consider it a great album and a great "comeback", very thrash and raw enough to be still tasteful. :headbang:

NP: Yngwie Malmsteen - 'Faster Than The Speed Of Light'
Indeed.

sixxswine said:
The new Venom record is so-so too much Zakk Wylde Squeals on it, but the double set of previous works is pretty damn good.

Perhaps, but if you're playing the Zakk Wylde Drinking Game (you have one drink for every time that you hear a pinch harmonic), you'll only get a buzz, as opposed to being blacked out while listening to an Ozzy or BLS album.:puke: