venom they own us all

65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????

No kidding I hope cause that makes you the eldest on the bunch :headbang:

As a band Venom never was a big deal, their music was raw and simple and if appearing today they would probably will be dismissed or get a tiny cult follow.

Being in the early 80's undoubtedly helped them become a seminal band when it comes to black metal. Also they are a perfect example of the diversity of NWOBHM, being probably at one end of the spectrum (the hard end :D ).

Even by today standards their music stills gives me a smile when listened which means they passed the test of time.

NP: Avalanch - 'Hell Patrol'

I never got into them... the combination of "raw and simply" simply does not tickle my fancy

metal paddy said:
I AM 65YRS OLD SOO N :headbang:

RIGHT ON!!!!!!! Welcome to the board.

I was not into Venom as a kid in the early 80's but I fixed that about 5 years ago. I very much dig them now.

great band! first heard them in the mid-80's. black metal l.p. and the rest is history.i went back and got welcome and at war.always have a special place in metal and to me!

The problem with them being underrated is that people compared them too much to current bands.. they need to be judged by the era they came out and not to whats out right now.. because they are outdated nowadays but back then they weren't.. as for them being BM.. they were lyrically but not musically... they were more thrash/speed metal with NWOBHM thrown in... Bathory was more the originator of BM musically...

A friend of mine and I were debating recently...who was the first band to introduce full-time death metal vocals (growling) into their metal. Venom was as far as we could trace it back. Can anyone else track it back further?

NP: Wuthering Heights - To Travel For Evermore

nyhc7163 said:
great band! first heard them in the mid-80's. black metal l.p. and the rest is history.i went back and got welcome and at war.always have a special place in metal and to me!
i like your style me old mucker you talk a lot of sense to me :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hawk said:
65 and still loving Venom. Thats the way to go!! :headbang:
Indeed, that's awesome! Cronos himself is impressed :

cronos.gif