Ventilation in the vocal booth. Any suggestions?

Andrew_Anakin

Shokran - Exodus soon...
SO, a while ago i've built my vocal cabin. It's not a big one, just 1.4 x 0.7 meters (2.10m height). And it was a really hot thing that time (In winter it was ok, in spring it was worse) But now, in summer it is reeeaaally hot! If you need to put off some of the kilos - then it's good for you but it's fucking hot for singers.
So now i think it's time to make some ventilation. Earlier i've just put ventilator there but it blows just a hot air inside a cabin.
What can i make as a really quiet ventilation? Of course if i'll need to make a hole-i'll need to put something in there so any noises will not go there and the loud voices will not become louder than without that hole. So the question #2 is "What shall i put in that hole?"
sN_bjATfmwU.jpg

I'd place 2 holes in opposite directions with large, high quality computer chassi fans on them. For example: One in the bottom left pushing cold air inside and another in the upper right pulling the hot air out. Look for the noise specs on the fans and choose the quietest you can. And pick the bigger ones because they tend to move more air with less effort, making less noise.
For the holes, make a tube in an "L" shape or a curve so you avoid the sound produced inside to go directly out the cabin and the outside noise to get inside. Make it with high density foam, for example.

That might work!

r6216l%20low%20res.jpg

Maybe something like that? Helps with the noise from the fan to keep it away from the booth.

I'd place 2 holes in opposite directions with large, high quality computer chassi fans on them. For example: One in the bottom left pushing cold air inside and another in the upper right pulling the hot air out. Look for the noise specs on the fans and choose the quietest you can. And pick the bigger ones because they tend to move more air with less effort, making less noise.
For the holes, make a tube in an "L" shape or a curve so you avoid the sound produced inside to go directly out the cabin and the outside noise to get inside. Make it with high density foam, for example.

That might work!

Noctua fans will definitely be a quiet solution. As mentioned above it is very important to have holes at different heights, naturally having two doors open in you house that are only an inch difference in height can cause a natural draft where the hot air moves out of the higher opening creating a negative pressure to pull cooler air from the lower opening. A fan at each only reinforces that more.

Two 120mm or even 240mm if you are feeling extreme will do the job, two 120mm ot 240mm fans that are on 24/7 or close to it on a 12v supply should keep the booth within a degree or 2 (in Celsius) withing the rest of the studio.

r6216l%20low%20res.jpg

Maybe something like that? Helps with the noise from the fan to keep it away from the booth.

Yeah, i though about this stuff, but i can be misunderstood at this point.
The first end of this tube should be attached from the outside to inside? Or the grid should be outside, and the second grid-also outside but higher?
And where the air will be? only in this tube.
I probably look like an idiot but i can't understand how it have to look like at the end :lol:

r6216l%20low%20res.jpg

Yeah, that's the idea! one of these on each hole (strange sentence, I know. :cool:)

It doesn't matter much if this thing will be on inside or outside the booth. I'd put it outside with the fan as far as possible from the the booth itself, so the fan noise (if there is any), will not be a problem.

Yeah, that's the idea! one of these on each hole (strange sentence, I know. :cool:)

It doesn't matter much if this thing will be on inside or outside the booth. I'd put it outside with the fan as far as possible from the the booth itself, so the fan noise (if there is any), will not be a problem.

Now i really understand. Also watched few video about this thread.

Thank you again guys, it was really helpfull!