Versions of Still Life

SonOfNun

Bill Ward's Red Pants
Oct 21, 2003
The Southland
sonofnun7.wordpress.com
I keep seeing these "European licensed" copies of Opeth's Still Life around and I'd like to know if there is any difference between it and the American versions. I have the 2000 release which I'm assuming is the first release in America and the 2003 digipak. This version I'm seeing usually has a little black square in the upper left hand corner with a quote or something. I'd just appreciate it if anyone can tell me what version this is as I'm just assuming that its the 2003 re-issue that was released in Europe. I'm also looking for the European release from 99 that had a grey disc. Basically what I'm going for is the original american release, the re-issue and a limited edition version of each Opeth cd and I'm yet to find a limited edition version of Still Life so I assume that some odd European release would do.

Now if that made any sense whatsoever, any help would be appreciated. :loco:

I have the Peaceville release dated 1999/2000/2000 (don't ask, there are three dates on it) with a slipcase, and it's a picture disc with the album cover. I was told this was the re-release.

There's my (un)helpful contribution. :)

NAD said:
I have the Peaceville release dated 1999/2000/2000 (don't ask, there are three dates on it) with a slipcase, and it's a picture disc with the album cover. I was told this was the re-release.

There's my (un)helpful contribution. :)

I have that aswell. I assume this is the original american release of Still Life as it says on opeth.com that the original is "import only." So I guess this so-called re-release is really just the first american release of the album as it came out in 2000, before any of the re-issues like the 2003 digipak. The original or European release also comes with a grey disc. It also seems there is a Still Life promo out there. That is what I'm gonna end up buying it seems as it is limited edition and thats what I needed.

yeah, I have the American version with the slipcase, although I think I lost the oh-so-important slipcase.

So, you're one of the reasons that labels keep vomiting out re-issues of Opeth albums in tin editions, slipcases, digipaks, condom included editions and shit. Quit buying them or record companies will keep re-issuing these cash cows! :D My rant for the day. :)

Dreamlord said:
So, you're one of the reasons that labels keep vomiting out re-issues of Opeth albums in tin editions, slipcases, digipaks, condom included editions and shit. Quit buying them or record companies will keep re-issuing these cash cows! :D My rant for the day. :)

Essentially yes. Of course you could cash in on me just as much if you held onto some of your old Opeth stuff. :tickled:

If I see one of the versions you're looking for, I'll buy it, and sell it to you for the price I bought it + $15 penalty for making me buy an Opeth album.

No seriously, if I see one, I'll get it for you.

Dreamlord said:
If I see one of the versions you're looking for, I'll buy it, and sell it to you for the price I bought it + $15 penalty for making me buy an Opeth album.
:lol: I think Dreamlord has to hit himself in the balls 3 times for every Opeth album he buys.

I've never even bought an extra Danzig CD unless it came with bonus tracks or different artwork or something. You are a true collector Opeth17. :D

NP: Agalloch - The Mantle

I FOOEL YUO NWO PLAYIINIG FATURE TAHT DOESNIUTN WORIK!!!!!!!1111111

NAD said:
:lol: I think Dreamlord has to hit himself in the balls 3 times for every Opeth album he buys.
Only with BWP and Deliverance. Thankfully I traded Deliverance for some Aeternus. :dopey:

I sold my original BWP for about the price I bought it. The DCD version of BWP sold for much more.

You were about 4-5 months late Opeth17. :erk:

Well, I'm just about done with my collection of original american releases, I have the re-issues and I'm almost finished with limited editions. Next we begin with the Opeth Vinyl Collection so stay on the lookout for cheap Opeth vinyls. I also need The Drapery Falls single radio edit and The Still Day Beneath the Sun 7", both of which are on eBay and both of which I'm too poor to buy.

I think I have a European release, because I remember having to special order it and pay a little extra. That was before I knew about all these damn webstores. It didn't come out in the US until a while after that.