Silent Scream - different versions?

King Fear

Straight Outta Blashyrkh
Apr 12, 2002
Lhasa, Tibet
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this must have been asked (and possibly answered) before, but I used the search function and didn't find anything appropriate:
Are there differences between the recordings of "Silent Scream" on the Nuclear Blast deluxe edition (which came out mid of 2002, way before HCDR) and the version on the limited Spinefarm edition?
And a related question, are there versions of HCDR that contain "Silent Scream", but are not copy-protected as my Spinefarm version is? I've only heard of non-protected versions without "Silent Scream". I'm trying to miminize the number of copy protected CDs in my collection, but with HCDR I couldn't resist...

King Fear said:
Are there differences between the recordings of "Silent Scream" on the Nuclear Blast deluxe edition (which came out mid of 2002, way before HCDR) and the version on the limited Spinefarm edition?
No. Silent Scream was recorded back in 2001.

King Fear said:
And a related question, are there versions of HCDR that contain "Silent Scream", but are not copy-protected as my Spinefarm version is?
The Japanese edition has got Silent Scream and to my knowledge it isn't copy protected.

Shadeg said:
No. Silent Scream was recorded back in 2001.
Wow, really? They did a good job at mixing and mastering then, because it doesn't stand out from the other stuff on HCDR sound-wise.
Will look out for the Japanese version then... I still need the Japanese version of FTR also for the Ozzy cover...

Well, I can hear a difference between Silent Scream and the other songs from Hate Crew Deathroll, although they were both recorded in the same studio.
And if you also listen very closely to You're Better Off Dead on Hate Crew Deathroll, you'll maybe notice that it also differs a little bit from the sound because they didn't re-record this one in the Hate Crew Deathroll sessions, but used the one from the single. I think you can notice it by listening to the snare drum sound which differs a little bit.

Zarok666 said:
And if you also listen very closely to You're Better Off Dead on Hate Crew Deathroll, you'll maybe notice that it also differs a little bit from the sound because they didn't re-record this one in the Hate Crew Deathroll sessions, but used the one from the single. I think you can notice it by listening to the snare drum sound which differs a little bit.
same here. actually there you can really hear some differences. but its a bit weird, how is that possible if it was recorded in the same studio?

I think it was the fact that COB got a much better budget for the album recording and that the studio equipment and technics get better all the time. In fact, new studio recording equipment is already obsolete when you buy it.

Zarok666 said:
Well, I can hear a difference between Silent Scream and the other songs from Hate Crew Deathroll, although they were both recorded in the same studio.

You have WAAAAY to much time on your hands.

:lol:

Kidding, i noticed it also.

my copy of hate crew deathroll is the spinefarm import, that isn't copy-inferiorized, but doesn't have silent scream.. it cost me a few $$ more than the crippled version with silent scream and some "internet hotlink" bullshit.

in this case it's perfectly legal for me to download silent scream from the net, since i have the album.

> same here. actually there you can really hear some
> differences. but its a bit weird, how is that possible if
> it was recorded in the same studio?

um... different microphones, mic placements, different EQ'ing, effects, track processing & mixing, etc etc ..............