Question regarding diff versions of Still Life

lucifer1126

Aug 19, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ok guys, maybe you Opeth experts can help me out.

So yesterday i went to a cd store and found 2 jewel case versions of the Still Life album used. Well...and another digipak which i dont care for since its so common.
Anyways, they were both 7.99 but they were different versions as i know that the original released in 1999 with a different barcode, and then there's the re-release on jewelcase in 2000 with a slipcase.

I couldn't decide which one to buy, so in the end i bought both. Thing is...after i get home, i really dont see much of a purpose keeping two, since the booklets are the same with difference of the cd-artwork and a slipcase.

So...do you guys have any suggestions on which one i should keep? and what should i do with the other one? should i return it...and get like $6 back store credit or should i sell it on ebay to opeth collectors?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...but please dont take it as a joke. Thanx guys.

Brains for breakfast said:
Why did you buy both? You dont seem to be a collector, so what makes the difference? it's the same music!

Maybe he thought one would be an ultra-rare, really valuable version, and he could get it for a steal at $7.99. Didn't someone on this board buy a first-edition Orchid for like $10?

Moonlapse said:
Sorry for misunderstanding, but why do you need somebody to tell you which one to keep? Isn't it just a matter of keeping the one you preffer, and returning the other one to the store?
Not if one is actually worth a gazillion dollars

I am not sure if there are different versions in the States, but from memory there was the original issue in a jewel case, a limited re-release in jewel case with slipcase over the top and the recent mid-price digipak. Other than that, there is just the promo version.