Very important announcement by Rene Jansen of PP EUROPE!!

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
2 more bands confirmed!
As we always try to book young and talented bands for ProgPower Europe that hardly have played outside their home country, we have confirmed 2 more bands for the 2007 edition:

MEYVN (usa) - very talented young progressive power metal band compared by the media with bands such as SYMPHONY X and QUEENSRYCHE

MECHANICAL POET (russia) - one of the most original bands that have pleased many people with their second release "Woodland Prattlers", working on a new album now to be released early 2007

----------------------------------------------------------

This is my reaction:

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave Myvn a 9.2 in my review for the new Aardschok! And I love Mechanical Poet! With the high prices of hotel and travel it will be very likly that I will come to Prog-Power Europe instead of Prog-Power US.

Damn! Damn! Damn!! Why the hell did the two festivals get planned on the same date!! Still; Myvn and Mechanical Poet!! Unbelieveable!!

Rene thanks you so much. :worship: Those are amazing choices!!

-----------------------------------------------

People I am about 80% sure that when carnut reads that he can see his beloved Mechanical Poet in Europe he will choose to stay here and not be traveling to the US. He has been all over their debut disc 'Woodland Prattlers' that was released two years ago.

All I can say right now is that our atendence on PP USA in 2007 is hanging seriously in the balance right now.

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the high prices of hotel and travel it will be very likly that I will come to Prog-Power Europe instead of Prog-Power US.

Damn! Damn! Damn!! Why the hell did the two festivals get planned on the same date!!

People I am about 80% sure that when carnut reads that he can see his beloved Mechanical Poet in Europe he will choose to stay here and not be traveling to the US.

All I can say right now is that our atendence on PP USA in 2007 is hanging seriously in the balance right now.

Hey man... don't feel bad... I am not all that happy yet with PPUSA ( it is still early though) and I totally agree on the cost thing. It is a bitch for myself to "swing" this weekend... and I live over here.

It seems to me that PPUSA is about on the edge of something... not quite sure what it is but it is something... ( I mean either going away or getting even larger than it is... and it is only as large as our little community makes it over here... don't be too fooled! )

Ya know we will truly miss you two / three (Wyv) if you guys don't make it over but I think we can all agree that the cost is getting nuts to travel!

Hell who knows this early? Maybe we should look into cooming over there?!?!

Narcosynthesys said:
Hey man... don't feel bad... I am not all that happy yet with PPUSA ( it is still early though) and I totally agree on the cost thing. It is a bitch for myself to "swing" this weekend... and I live over here.

Actually I DO feel bad man. I have been looking forward to meeting you all. And now both prog-power festivals are planned on the same weekend. :erk:
Thats just plain stupid!

Narcosynthesys said:
It seems to me that PPUSA is about on the edge of something... not quite sure what it is but it is something... ( I mean either going away or getting even larger than it is... and it is only as large as our little community makes it over here... don't be too fooled!)

I am not. It's just that I am not impressed by whats on the bill for PP US
up till now.

Look ate this amazing bill for PP Europe:

http://www.progpower.com/

Thats just awesome!

Narcosynthesys said:
Ya know we will truly miss you two / three (Wyv) if you guys don't make it over but I think we can all agree that the cost is getting nuts to travel!

Well its not just the costs but also the lineup. I am not really impressed by what Glen has booked for next year. I know that can change but due to a lot of factors I seem to have to make a choice really early.

And I can only do that on the basis of what I know now. PP Europe is shaping up like a dream bill for me and carnut. So there you go.

Narcosynthesys said:
Hell who knows this early? Maybe we should look into cooming over there?!?!

Man that would be awesome! I mean, look at the bill and seriously consider the costs. It might be doable! Perhaps more than you realize.

Look ate this amazing bill for PP Europe:

http://www.progpower.com/

Thats just awesome!

I disagree not a single band that impress me.

Well its not just the costs but also the lineup. I am not really impressed by what Glen has booked for next year. I know that can change but due to a lot of factors I seem to have to make a choice really early.[\quote]

I disagree again, at least I like to see Firewind and Redemption, which so far gave 50% of interest in PPUSA (unlike PPEurope 0% interest)

@ Narcosynthesis: It weights hard on me that Hawk and Carnut are not going to attend. I feel that PP is becoming a regional fee instead of giving people the availability to choose both. At this way soon will be PP Japan, PP South America and there will be no reason for friends to travel and see each other at such a nice event. The losers will be airlines and some hotels (and promoters maybe).

My view I that I have some of the best days ever with the UMOS gang in Atlanta, I believe is my right to have some free time and enjoy. If my job allows me to do it I will go again next October and see you all guys, you more than music are the reason to me to go.

P.S Does anyone knows what is the deal at PPVIII with the pre-party. It seems it it cancelled but the show will now last three days? Please read this http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260812 and explain to me.

Thanks.

Well, it's so hard to decide..But there is the fact that uptill now PP USA has no interesting bands to me, and PP Europe has alot of them (JOP being my fav live band and Mechanical Poet has that strange twist that grabs me by the ....) So in fact the decision of spending of about, or well over 1000 dollar to go and see a bill that doesn't fit my taste is kinda stupid... On the other hand it would be worth for me to spend alot of money just to meet you guys... Damn fucking money, I wanna sue all hotels and airports for the high fees !!! sue them, sue them all !!!:heh:

P.S Does anyone knows what is the deal at PPVIII with the pre-party. It seems it it cancelled but the show will now last three days? Please read this http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260812 and explain to me.

Thanks.

It is now Official that the Preparty will be on the big stage as you saw it. It used to be in a smaller room downstairs.

@Hawk & Carnut- Go to which festival you want to. There is always future years, shows and travel. Though the PP USA roster isn't complete, it may or may not get any better on the line up for you guys. So we all understand how it is to miss that 'special band' you're never sure if they'll come by your house again. Go and may Metal follow you!:headbang:

kittybeast said:
@Hawk & Carnut- Go to which festival you want to. There is always future years, shows and travel. Though the PP USA roster isn't complete, it may or may not get any better on the line up for you guys. So we all understand how it is to miss that 'special band' you're never sure if they'll come by your house again. Go and may Metal follow you!:headbang:

Thanks Kitty. We'll be seeing you in 2008. :)

It is now Official that the Preparty will be on the big stage as you saw it. It used to be in a smaller room downstairs.

But it was on the big stage last time? I'm confused, well anyway as long as there's a pre-party I'm going for it (if I can) :D

@Hawk & Carnut- Go to which festival you want to. There is always future years, shows and travel. Though the PP USA roster isn't complete, it may or may not get any better on the line up for you guys. So we all understand how it is to miss that 'special band' you're never sure if they'll come by your house again. Go and may Metal follow you!

Wise words oh beloved beast-goddess
iagree.gif
Time what's time? Time is always on our side
vic.gif
, let be 2008 or when d estiny calls. One thing is for sure we will meet. :wave:

I'll probably wait for '08 as well. I need another year to get myself together financially, anyway. It was questionable if I could have made it in '07, but one major drain on my finances will be out of my hair by the time PPUSA rolls around in '08.

2 more bands confirmed!
As we always try to book young and talented bands for ProgPower Europe that hardly have played outside their home country, we have confirmed 2 more bands for the 2007 edition:

MEYVN (usa) - very talented young progressive power metal band compared by the media with bands such as SYMPHONY X and QUEENSRYCHE

MECHANICAL POET (russia) - one of the most original bands that have pleased many people with their second release "Woodland Prattlers", working on a new album now to be released early 2007
I've never heard of them. Might be interesting...

I'm bummed to not be meeting you guys again this year, but like Kitty said,
this festival doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. There will be other oppertunities. PPUSA is my only vacation every year, and unless the lineups get horrendous, I'll be there every year. Will miss seeing you guys!

J-Dubya

I'm bummed to not be meeting you guys again this year, but like Kitty said,
this festival doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. There will be other oppertunities. PPUSA is my only vacation every year, and unless the lineups get horrendous, I'll be there every year. Will miss seeing you guys!

J-Dubya

Yea buddy, I am kinda frustrated too. Why the hell did they plan it on the damn same weekend? :mad::cry:

I do hope to see you in 2008 man. That would rule!

Yea buddy, I am kinda frustrated too. Why the hell did they plan it on the damn same weekend? :mad::cry:

I think Glenn had to bump the USA fest later due to conventions in Atlanta as well as band schedules. If I'm still alive in 2008, I will be there!:heh:

J-Dubya - Can only imagine what a PITA booking hotels would be with a convention or 2 in town....

Crap!!! I was really looking forward to meeting you and carnut. :erk: But I completely understand why you are going to PP Europe. I would too if the shoe was on the other foot. We'll just make it that much bigger of a party in '08 :headbang: