Victory Records latest signings.

while i'm not familiar with either band being discussed in this post, and haven't watched the videos, i did just recently master a cool album for Victory.... the new Jungle Rot, "Kill On Command"... it's Death Metal actually, but not technical at all, just very muscular, well played, solid as hell death metal, with a slight tinge here and there of old school NYHC. I enjoyed working on it, and have rocked the album in my car since, which is a rarity for me.

while i'm not familiar with either band being discussed in this post, and haven't watched the videos, i did just recently master a cool album for Victory.... the new Jungle Rot, "Kill On Command"... it's Death Metal actually, but not technical at all, just very muscular, well played, solid as hell death metal, with a slight tinge here and there of old school NYHC. I enjoyed working on it, and have rocked the album in my car since, which is a rarity for me.

Yeah, Jungle Rot have been around for a very long time (1994) and have stuck to their guns with their sound/style of Death Metal. They have release about 7-8 albums and they are a very solid band. They never go too much attention for some reason but finally Victory signed then a couple months ago. They deserve some good support from a label like Victory!

Wow, Design The Skyline is from Corpus Christi. I'm embarrassed to have ever visited that city.

This has been all over my facebook today. The wave of hate on this band is absolutely unreal, but completely justified.

I normally dont like the whole "people deliberately trolling bands and going out of their way to complain about it" stuff. But when everything about the band is that awful then it's fine by me!

I called Victory to ask if I could tape a conversation I had with them about signing this band, and their thoughts about them. In Illinois, it is law that both parties consent to a phone conversation being recorded; in New York, only one party needs to give consent. I am disappoint. Very disappoint.

first one was :puke: second one was okay minus the first fret breakdown. i didnt know craig owens could engineer/produce/mix haha

Singer?
darkcrystal.jpg

I called Victory to ask if I could tape a conversation I had with them about signing this band, and their thoughts about them. In Illinois, it is law that both parties consent to a phone conversation being recorded; in New York, only one party needs to give consent. I am disappoint. Very disappoint.

So what did they say? I mean, about signing them, not about recording them

jesus that first video is just about everything i hate about music nowadays, i love my crazy goregrind shit at times, just mindless chug and squeel stuff to switch off my brain and groove too, but when bands blend it with that really annoying synth pop type shit, with that generic singing voice, trendy peircings/hair, skin tight jeans and a tranny singer, thats about where i draw the line

absolute muck

These guys cant have it easy.. getting beat up by the jocks, metal kids, computer nerds and the girl-scouts.

So what did they say? I mean, about signing them, not about recording them

They said send them an email and I'd get a response. I'll flood their fucking box if they don't respond.

It's probably the best e-mail I've ever written.

Do you honestly believe signing this band was a good business practice?

Or do you want to profit from exploiting terrible music, which is even more of a disgrace?

When I think that here, in France, some """true metalheads""" think that my band are a bunch of "emo fags disgracing music and france "

....... haha :Spin:

Well anyway I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this first video....