Video editing help needed!

jackwood09

Jul 18, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
My friend just recorded a bunch of drum covers for a sabian sponsorship thing he has going on and has asked me to do the video editing for him, so syncing the sound to video etc, which is fine.

He asked me if I could put the sabian logo and another drum store logo in the bottom corners of the video at the end, so basically im a complete noob at this and was wondering what the best way of doing this is?

Thanks in advance!

If you are just asking about putting the logos in, get the logo files and make an image the size that your video is going to be and insert it into your editing program. if you are overlaying the logos over video, you might consider making the background of the image bright green and then using chromakey to make the green transparent (greenscreen yall).

What you want to do make a layer for the logo over the main video track of the drumming and then adjust the opacity of that layer to provide the look you want. If you are using a multi track, read as "real" video editor it's super simple to do. If all you have is iMovie or Moviemaker you are going to have a much harder time doing that. It's just like working with audio, a real DAW lets you do things easily where a cheapo audio editor is a pain.

has anyone actually tried that lightworks program yet or whatever it was called? The free one that's supposed to be really good?

What you want to do make a layer for the logo over the main video track of the drumming and then adjust the opacity of that layer to provide the look you want. If you are using a multi track, read as "real" video editor it's super simple to do. If all you have is iMovie or Moviemaker you are going to have a much harder time doing that. It's just like working with audio, a real DAW lets you do things easily where a cheapo audio editor is a pain.

ahhhh i see, but yeah I didnt have much to work with program wise.