Video for "Rain" is coming

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
Chicago's NOVEMBERS DOOM will film a video for the song "Rain", taken from the band's latest CD, "The Novella Reservoir", on Sunday, March 9.

Commented singer Paul Kuhr: "This is something we have been talking about doing since recording the CD, and we finally have things ready to do so. We have chosen a specific style and look to this video, which should should be visually interesting to watch. We'll make this available to see on the web soon after editing is complete, and it will also be included on the upcoming DVD 'The Novella Vosselaar: Live in Belgium' later in the year."

With so many other things on our plate, we had to wait until the time was right, not to mention getting the budget together and finding the right director, etc. We're not in a position where we get X amount of money handed to us when the new record is coming out so that we can make a video right away. I wish that were the case, but it's not! Anyhow, hopefully this video will look good and it'll be worth the wait.

...Really? That's badass and all, I can't wait but it sure took awhile. :lol:

We're doing it for two reasons. One is for the DVD release, so a video off the latest CD is on there. Second, filming a video now will help create a new wave of buzz for Novella, which we're not anywhere near done promoting. I'd rather do things like this spread out, then do it all at once.

Hopefully, with the next CD, we'll hit the studio around October this year, the release won't be until around March 2009, so we will try to film a video for promotion right away, and then possibly a second one 8 months later to create that second wave again.

There's always a method to our madness. :)