Video of live cover of Master Of Puppets by DT

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
DT being Dream Theater, not Dark Tranquility. I think this link will only be up for a week or so so get it now!! Besides LaBrie totally fucking up and sounding like shit on the vocals the band does a near PERFECT cover of it! Jp is a machine! he only slips up a bit on one of the solo's.

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/bday/dtmop.wmv

Anyway it is pretty SWEET and the sound quality is awesome, as well as the video quality. Doesn't really look like a bootleg even though it is.

I can ignore him on the records, but Jesus.......that performance is just pathetic. Plus it doesn't help that they keep focusing on his fat ass instead of the other guys. Damn.

I agree that JP played very well, but the entire performance really seemed to lack energy. I know I wasn't there, so I can't give a "qualified" opinion, but that's the impression I got.

DT is in DIRE need of a new vocalist. I saw them earlier in March and LaBrie SUCKS live!

And Don Corleone, a DT/Mikeal project would be interesting, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Maynard J Keenan or something.

:( i think perhaps you're overexaggerating his suckiness.

sure, he can't do james hetfield for anything.... but he's not used to that sort thing.

but he's actually a damn good vocalist. dammit.

i wouldnt say damn good...
he's alright for some songs, others he jsut cant pull off.
in Falling Into Fantasy i thought he was just fine... over all
its true that live he is quite disappointing, but the rest of the band make up for it heh
i think he's just ... lacking something as a vocalist, to put it mildly heh

Listen to James Hetfield sing any older Metallica song live, he sounds far worse than LaBrie.

Hetfield actually suited MOP era metallica perfectly... and at least he asn't a nasally fuck like labrie is.

hetfield doesnt have that voice he hadi in his youunger years, so he really f*cks up in songs like for whom the bell tolls.

austin7 - yeah maynard would be good too.

hiss - good observation. i also noticed how funny he sounds in the song "glass prison"...

Well, I just watched it..

LaBrie's vocals are kinda.. shyte. He doesn't have ANY enthusiasm, can't yell like old-Hetfield, he's standing back near the drums, and is wearing those awful pants.. Spindly little legs aren't sexy at all. :lol:

I think it's well done, and I like the bass/keyboards/guitars/drums - but it's easy to get critical on the solos. There are millions of people out there who have all the Metallica solos memorized note for note, and if one note is different, then they'll know, and likely raise a stink.

Hell, I couldn't play that stuff :D