Opeth's Master of Puppets

I am not trying to convert him, just trying to make him see the light and get over the death vocals. When i got into Opeth i was just beginning to like some heavier stuff like cradle of filth. I had listened to a lot of stuff earlier but got turned off by the death vocals... anyway i went with:

Drapery Falls
To Bid You Farewell
Leper Affinity
Fair Judgement
Baying of the Hounds
Ghost of Perdition
Deliverance.

It sucks that not many songs will fit on one CD and nothing even from still life, mayh, or orchid, but what are you gonna do?!?!

Give him Damnation. I got into Opeth by listening to that over and over. I then tried their heavy shit and hated the death vocals, but I got past them. Now I love the death vox.

NicholasDWolfwood said:
Give him Damnation. I got into Opeth by listening to that over and over. I then tried their heavy shit and hated the death vocals, but I got past them. Now I love the death vox.

Yeh thats not a bad idea actually. Even though i strongly dislike damnation it is a good way to get someone into opeth who doesnt dig death vocals

Or...Just give him/her 'Orchid' :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Damnation is actually my least favourite Opeth album followed by Deliverance. They destroy many other band's best efforts but somehow fall short for me.... especially Damnation. I find the songs, although beautiful and incredibly well written, lacking in overall structural complexity, a trait Opeth reigns supreme in..... or maybe I have just listened to it too much and am sick of it.
We need a new Opeth album.

KFK

lol so he cant listen to the vocals of opeth, yet he enjoys the horrid crap that comes out of the metallica homos mouth, wutev

OpethNZ said:
lol so he cant listen to the vocals of opeth, yet he enjoys the horrid crap that comes out of the metallica homos mouth, wutev

Hey, lay off the metallica boys hey
agreed the guys an ass for not digging opeth, but metallica fucking rule man :headbang: :headbang: