What songs would you show someone if you were introducing them to heavy metal?

:
metal_wrath said:
You haven't proved anything. I have every Opeth album actually. Listen to them for hours everyday. I still think that Opeth has more singing vocals line for line than growling vocals. Blackwater Park is full of clean vocals also fyi.

:lol:

Well I will just have to come to the conclusion that either you are lying or are an idiot..

I don't think that opeth have more clean vox than death vox, but I think it's fair to say that the ratio is becoming more balanced- Ghost Reveries has a lot more clean vocals than the first few albums did.

And BWP DOES have a lot of clean vocals- All of the songs (except BWP) have clean vocals in them, some more than others.

metal_wrath said:

quoting me then editing it is just a little bit childish don't you think?

I think most people know that their is a lot more death vox than clean in Opeth's material anyway so I'm gona stop arguing about something that most people know to be true..

peace

this is a tough one because you can't take a person who is acclimated to say, pop music, put in something really heavy and expect them to like it. so, hear would be my list:
metallica- fade to black
iron maiden- flight of icarus
judas priest- livin after midnight
megadeth- hangar 18
dream theater- pull me under
alice in chains- down in a hole
from there you can just get hevier, but gradually, not throwing them into anthems to the welkin at dusk when they're wearing their sum 41 tshirt

Nine Feet's list is a good one.

My faves:

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden - Murders in the Rue Morgue
Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death
Celtic Frost - Babylon Fell
King Diamond - Them )all of it(
Mercyful Fate - the Oath
Rainbow - Man on the Silver Mountain
Burzum - Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown
My Dying Bride - The Crown of Sympathy
Emperor - I Am the Black Wizards
Opeth - In the Mist She Was Standing
Darkthrone - Pagan Winter
Bathory - Shores in Flame

MasterOLightning said:
Blut Aus Nord - The Choir of the Dead
Mutiilation - Born Under the Master's Spell
Emperor - Lord of the Storms
Ulver - Wolf and Hatred
Weakling - Cut Their Grain and Place Fire Therein

Wow, you would introduce someone to heavy metal with Blut Aus Nord? Hahaha! Are you trying to get them to like it, or be scared and confused and dismiss it outright? Uh...

Yeh, I mean how many people dont like 80s metallica? not too many i wouldnt have thought. They are the band that got me into metal.
I definately think bands like
Iron Maiden
Carcass
Slayer
Anthrax
Kreator
Celtic frost
Emperor

are bands that are good introductory ones