Metallica play entire Puppets album

The Greys said:
Yeah. You know that garage inc... double disk with tons of cover songs.

Regardless of that set the band has short hair and there guitar tone probably sounds gay so it does not matter.
Double Disc, wow, I'm outa touch with Metallica. Last time I owned it GD it was all on one piece of vinyl.

Bryne: Last Carress is a Misfits cover

I never considered the "black" album to be metal - it was the catalyst in making me swear off Metallica for a very long time. It was a sad end to a great thrashmetal band but for them it was nothing short of a masterpiece. :puke: Still, in some twisted way, maybe its good they continued on as they did and kept the profile of metal high and popular...

I think Kill em all through And Justice for all was awesome and The black album was pretty good

but if they went back to the Thrash days they would have there old fans back

Black Bullet said:
but if they went back to the Thrash days they would have there old fans back

I think it'd take a fair bit more than a simple stylistic return to form for the band to regain all the respect they've lost.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
"Unforgiven II" is better IMO.

I've got the origional Garage Days Re-revisited album on CD, is that worth anything?

I dont think its all that uncommon...the vinyl probably would be worth something, not sure sure

Unforgiven II is ok, the original one is better though me thinks. Of load/reload i think wasting my hate is in a league of its own, i love that song so much :kickass:

*Sigh* THing is (and I don't want to be the resident grouch, but I think it may be my age), but when a band that isn't a "reunion" line up plays a set list of entirely old songs (even "Fuel" is about to reach pensionable age), it always seems like a an admittance that they're run out of steam.

So what now? They record another album promising to be "heavy and old school?" (ala St Anger). Another big metal band turned Vegas act.

Sad.

just played rock im park
set is teh same as rock am ring but with so what, god that failed and unforgiven being added and a few taken out :kickass:

Carcassian said:
*Sigh* THing is (and I don't want to be the resident grouch, but I think it may be my age), but when a band that isn't a "reunion" line up plays a set list of entirely old songs (even "Fuel" is about to reach pensionable age), it always seems like a an admittance that they're run out of steam.

So what now? They record another album promising to be "heavy and old school?" (ala St Anger). Another big metal band turned Vegas act.

Sad.

Id prefer them just to play stuff from their first 4 albums when and if i ever see em

Danallica said:
Id prefer them just to play stuff from their first 4 albums when and if i ever see em
I'd prefer 'em to have some songs that were worthy of play from a recent album.

Seeing the sing along to "Seek and Destroy" for the kazillionth time gets a bit tiresome...

(Although this is a tad hypocritical from a bloke that's seen Motorhead like, 15 times)

Carcassian said:

Sad.
They still do it gezz 20 years on and they still do it oh yeah dude i luv it:kickass:
123al.gif
I HAVE NOT STOPPED PLAYING THE AUDIO DOWNLOAD YET:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

metal paddy said:
They still do it gezz 20 years on and they still do it oh yeah dude i luv it:kickass:
123al.gif
I HAVE NOT STOPPED PLAYING THE AUDIO DOWNLOAD YET:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Same here paddy

Orion :headbang:

>>>Seeing the sing along to "Seek and Destroy" for the kazillionth time gets a bit tiresome...

No kidding.

They alwyas run the line in rockumentaries:

<metallica member>: People always accuse us of selling out - and yep...we do...every night, every seat.

My reaction is always "how is that possible, aren't people bored of seeing and hearing the same damn songs after 15 years?"

Scott

Metallica is maybe the only band I get tired of listening too...

Slayer and Sepultura though.... its never ending.