Video pirates harpoon Michael Moore

Jurched

Ask&YoullBeSorry
May 10, 2005
Calais, Maine (not France)
As Nelson from the Simpsons says, "HA ha!"

As it turns out, the hard part won't be getting the film SICKO released, but getting audiences to pay to see it now that its available for free.

If the breach is as wide as it appears -- and this reporter downloaded a copy and watched it late Thursday night with ease -- Moore, and his distributor, The Weinstein Company, have a every film maker's worst marketing nightmare on their hands -- how to persuade people to go to the theater to see a show that's available free on the Internet.

Meanwhile, the blogosphere isn't reacting to the leak with anything approaching apolitical neutrality:

One pirate link encouraged potential downloaders to view the film online saying, "Watch this free copy and keep $ out of that fat fuck's hands."

I reiterate: "HA ha!"

Jurched

It is pretty amazing how quickly things get leaked these days. I still think he will gross about 30-40 million easy. That being said, I'm going to download it tonight:) While I find his movies entertaining, he is a hypocritical piece of shit. How much of that money that he will take home from this movie actually go to helping out some of the sick and uninsured people in America? My guess, none.

It is pretty amazing how quickly things get leaked these days. I still think he will gross about 30-40 million easy. That being said, I'm going to download it tonight:) While I find his movies entertaining, he is a hypocritical piece of shit. How much of that money that he will take home from this movie actually go to helping out some of the sick people in America? My guess, none.

How's it get onto the internet so damned fast, anyway? I mean, does he throw free DVDs to the crowds during junkets or what?

The fat bastard was bragging how he's locked a copy in Canada to prevent George W. from robbing him of it, but about 400 million people have already made sure the Neocons will not be able to destroy it.

"Good work, people! Kudos!"

Jurched

I don't know? It is pretty mind boggling. Even some of the most highly protected music gets leaked onto the internet a couple of weeks before being released. I'm not a fan of MP3's or any of those crappy sounding formats, so I rarely take advantage of it, but I have to say that is what all of those huge music companies get for overcharging consumers for all these years on cd's. It's just too bad for the artist's that get screwed over in the process(well not in this case anyways:lol:)

While I won't be downloading it, I'm glad to see that it's out there for free, just to screw Moore over.

As Nelson from the Simpsons says, "HA ha!"

As it turns out, the hard part won't be getting the film SICKO released, but getting audiences to pay to see it now that its available for free.

If the breach is as wide as it appears -- and this reporter downloaded a copy and watched it late Thursday night with ease -- Moore, and his distributor, The Weinstein Company, have a every film maker's worst marketing nightmare on their hands -- how to persuade people to go to the theater to see a show that's available free on the Internet.

Meanwhile, the blogosphere isn't reacting to the leak with anything approaching apolitical neutrality:

One pirate link encouraged potential downloaders to view the film online saying, "Watch this free copy and keep $ out of that fat fuck's hands."

I reiterate: "HA ha!"

Jurched

funniest. thing. ever.
:lol:

I only like Canadian Bacon by Moore, and it was really only briefly. Mainly because it was John Candy's last movie, and he was awesome.

Second, when the secretary of defense asks the general why Canada has no minorities, the general replies NO slavery!! Rip Torn is hilarious.