Video with Peter singing!!?

I never heard of that. Do you mean the one when Mike was sick, so Peter hosted things instead? The show where the guys from Katatonia and Novembre sang instead. I want a video of that show badly, and if what you meant was something else, I badly want a video of that too.

It was Hamburg.
Peter didn't sing. He hosted. Katatonia and Novembre guys sung a few songs.

I looked around everywhere I could ..to see if I saw any camcorders going, but I didn't. (it was extremely crowded tho). There was a big huge microphone up right by the stage so it was definitely audio-recorded by someone.

redblueyes-
Peter didn't sing. He hosted. Katatonia and Novembre guys sung a few songs... There was a big huge microphone up right by the stage so it was definitely audio-recorded by someone.

OF COURSE YOU WERE THERE! :p

I knew Jonas (it was him, right?) sang for Mike at one of the shows over there, but I didn't know Carmelo of Novembre did too. Interesting. I'd really like to know how that sounded myself.

And so...the hunt begins!

I knew Jonas (it was him, right?) sang for Mike at one of the shows over there, but I didn't know Carmelo of Novembre did too. Interesting. I'd really like to know how that sounded myself.
[/B]

You're part right. Yes, it was Jonas (sang Credence) but Anders also screamed one too. It was a killer alternative, especially considering the gig may have been cancelled. I thought it was way-super-cool of everyone to help out their friend Mikael (and not disappoint the fans who went to see them, like myself). Carmelo did a great job actually on an old track (Forest of N, if I remember?). He sang it at soundcheck the day before (Mikael was too sick and trying to save his voice) so Carmelo helpedout. I was quite (pleasantly) surprised what a cool job he did, especially spur of the moment like that!
:headbang:

Yeah, but just think if you traveled a long way, and it was your only chance to see Opeth for a long time, you'd be dissappointed if Mike didn't perform. Of course, I'd give anything to see anything involving Opeth. I'd be happy if just Lopez played drums to all the songs, by himself. Well, maybe not. I don't know. I just want to see Opeth!!

I'd be slightly disappointed, but also feel very lucky to catch a show like that.

Originally posted by Speedkill
Yeah, but just think if you traveled a long way, and it was your only chance to see Opeth for a long time, you'd be dissappointed if Mike didn't perform.

Of course. I'm saying as an alternative to no gig at all, it was way killer. Everyone would RATHER see Mikael singing the songs!! That's a different point! :D

If it's from that show, that probably means someone got it all on video. And they're in a position to encode it. I'll hunt them down and love them until they give me the whole show on three CDs.

Bleakest Harvest-
Hmm...I think id rather have Mike singing them. Seeing how he's a MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE NOVEMBRE GUY!!!

Carmelo has improved GREATLY over his career and I think his voice is heavenly now. If you hate the accent, then I can see why you don't like it, but he's taken some pointers or lessons. The first few albums he sang for you could tell he needed some practice, BUT the last 3 albums Novembre released, I couldn't ask for his voice to be anything but. I love his screams...powerful and steady. "Visions of tales of a winter to COOOOMMMMEEEE!" :heh: And the music? Magical. So alive.

saturnix-
i'd give my right nut to hear carmelo singing an opeth song.

That's what I'm talking about. I really like both of the bands, add Katatonia and I'm in heaven. Now, get them all on stage together? I can't spare my right tit, they're hard to come by, but I'd be willing to travel the distance to be lucky enough to catch that one time only event, that's for sure. You can always see each one at a time on tour, but all together? Oh, baby!

smitten.gif

Thanks for the heads up bleed_for_me and GO GET 'EM Hondo!