Vienna Suite - any users?

I just know that Michael Romeo from Symphony X uses VSL for all their orchestra stuff, and it sounds amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the VSL samples are definitely a world apart from the others, I'm hoping that level of quality was translated into these plugins.

On a side note, that sounds like the VOXOS choir library in there. Really, really, really been tempted to nab that one lately.

I am also interested in this , the only thing that has put me off a little is the
actual programming of the VSL is supposed to be a bit of a bitch . Would love to speak to someone that uses the stuff on a regular basis though . I find the VSL website to be not that intuitive as well which does not help . The samples do sound good though and I will def take the plunge at some point , let us know how you get on .

Just took a little look at the site and saw:

Vienna MIR System Requirements

For larger projects:

PC Dual Intel Quad Core XEON 5520 or better, with Vista/Windows 7 64-bit
24 GB RAM

I almost spat my tea all over my keyboard. That's a hilarious amount of ram!

But, the VSL stuff sounds amazing, wish I had the patience to learn to programme with this kind of thing,.

It is an excellent library. I personally prefer EastWest. I think they are equal on quality I just prefer the Play engine. Again most likely because I am more used to it. I assume you mean the Vienna Symphonic library.. as suite are mixing/mastering plugins. I am also not a fan that they require their own special dongle.

Let's just clarify again... I'm asking about the Vienna Suite plugins (hence the thread title), not the company or the samples, already have plenty of experiene with those. :lol:

@Cryo114: When they say 'larger projects', they're implying a mix for a full 50+ member orchestra. The depth of the Vienna MIR's capabilities fully merits those system requirements. I've been lucky enough to see a live demonstration of how it works, and it is truly astounding. No way could I afford to set up a system for it though!