Views On British Metal Bands

aenimic

llBullet The Blue Skyll
Jul 10, 2003
back of your mind
www.mechanis.tk
im just wondering really from those who live in britan or from outside what main views on british bands are. Some people ive spoken to from foreign countries belive british metal is a failure yet that is untrue. bands such as hundred Reasons, cradle of filth, inme, one minute silence, akercocke, muse, raging speedhorn are quite well known english bands who are successfull. please give me feedback on this

Britain could use more death metal and extreme metal bands. I like Bolt Thrower and Benediction a lot though. Naplam Death are good, but you can't really call them a British band anymore.

good to see british metal is liked. The reason i posted was because ive been told my many americans ive known that british metal is ponsey wannabe metal. good to see i proved them wrong, thanx peeps

Life Sucks said:
Britain could use more death metal and extreme metal bands.

There's loads of the buggers:

Gorerotted, Desecration, Detrimentum, Liquified Skeleton, Obsidian (RIP), MITHRAS (this band is amazing!), Regorge, Condemned.... there's hundreds and more coming!

"The old British Heavy Metal is great. Why does it matter where it comes from as long as it is good music?"

Certain areas are inclined to having differences within the same genre. Example - Swedish Black Metal usually relies in sheer brutality while Norwegian Black Metal relies on a more complex atmosphere.

Excellent British bands:
Anaal Nathrakh
Iron Maiden
Carcass
Napalm Death (although I thought they were American)
Excrement of War
Doom
Exinction of Mankind

Iron Maiden says enough. And I really like hundred reasons, they are different, but great.

Then ofcourse there is Oasis, but they arent metal.

Jondur said:
MITHRAS (this band is amazing!)

Now, I keep hearing this, and not quite sure how that opinion is being arrived at. I saw them supporting (R2T)Sabbat in London earlier this year, and imo they were the worst band I've ever seen. Now, I'm not really a fan of extreme metal, but I can appreciate good musicianship wherever it appears. However this band were so loose it's like they were playing on different planets. Most of the time it seemed like the bassist/vocalist was playing a completely different song to the rest of the band, he needs to buy hisself a metronome.

However, every review of that gig I've read has said they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Either I saw a different gig, or I really missed something.

However R2TS were excellent (as always) and Bal-Sagoth were muich better than they were at Bloodstock.

As far as decent British metal is concerned, Threshold is definitely flying the flagh right now. And I can't wait to hear Martin Walkyier's new project.