Viking Maddness!!!!

i will take the viking women
966P.jpg

pretty much all movies like this are historically inaccurate. They all say they are "based" on historical fact but that really means very little. I agree that that movies like this and 300 are cool as hell but if you want accurracy then read a book... Movies serve one purpose, to entertain, and we all know that we'd rather see a crazy viking that is 7' tall and wears armor that realistically weighs 4 times his body weight than watch some dudes run around in primitive outfits and rusty iron swords.

The only movie imo that effectively told a realistic story in this genre was braveheart. but even this movie had its historical inaccuracies.

pretty much all movies like this are historically inaccurate. They all say they are "based" on historical fact but that really means very little. I agree that that movies like this and 300 are cool as hell but if you want accurracy then read a book... Movies serve one purpose, to entertain, and we all know that we'd rather see a crazy viking that is 7' tall and wears armor that realistically weighs 4 times his body weight than watch some dudes run around in primitive outfits and rusty iron swords.

The only movie imo that effectively told a realistic story in this genre was braveheart. but even this movie had its historical inaccuracies.

I agree. However, books can be just as factually inaccurate as films.

And Braveheart is one of the worst possible examples you could have given.

Um, no.
The only qestionable thing is the love affair.
...and that the big spears were used in Falkirk. (the only battle that was a complete failure for the Scots)
afaict

If anyone cares, the movie was actually EXTREMELY bad; it is however, supposed to be based off of another movie that is infinitely better...
Here is teh linkorz: Ofelas