Villains - Directions To Servants (DI's inside) Instrumental

Here's my mix! Feedback much appreciated!
Oh and thanks a lot for the DIs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the stems, such a sick track. I'm fairly new to mixing

had a quick go at mixing this track, would love to know what everyone thinks :)

No problem! For being fairly new, I think that you did a pretty good job. Your snare is suffering horribly though. You need something with more crack and something a little more prominent. Also, I think your kick is a little too compressed. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

I re'uped another version, here, and more along the lines of my "normal" sound/mix, less experimental. Sorry I didn't respond, I was really busy and finally just got a chance.

I'm still kind of confused. The whole mix just sounds really ambient. The guitar and bass are pretty beast though. I just wish that the mix as an entirety was a little better.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted in this thread. I know that I may not have the best mixing skills or advice, but I am still trying to help others out with what I do know. Personal critiques are welcome as well!

Thanks for the advice :) I had another go using different drum samples and tried rolling off the comp on the bass. also experimented with different guitar tones

I'm digging the shit out of your mix! It is a tad flat sounding for my tastes, but I still enjoyed it! That bass tone is pretty tasty!

Want to know the reason for the flatness? My interface did this...

cEQkxKG.jpg

(hint: the bottom control is for treble...)

Might mix it again, without that strange clipping on the tracks -.-
But thanks for digging it already!

I've been gone for a while. I'll reply to the most recent posts soon! Thanks again for all of the feedback and tests!

The mix would have sounded great except for all of the tracks being off time. They didn't line up at all. I'm still honored that the great Onqel did a mix test on my thread!

Hahaha, I'm sorry about that ! I had a hard time figuring out the tempo's for sure :p