Vintage 30? or...

guitarded88

Jan 25, 2009
Waterloo/Brampton, ON
So I wanna slap some in some iteration of the Vintage 30 in my 2x12 avatar that's on its way.

What do you guys recommend? Original V30, Hellatone 60's, Hellatone 60L(?), Veteran 30, Retro 30 or something else?

Right now I'm leaning towards a veteran 30 and ET65 from WGS.

Really? Hmph...I could have sworn they were Vintage 30s of some sort.

-Joe

Yeah, there are two, the MF400 and MF280; the former with G12K's, the latter with weird semi-V30s (which the Hellatone 60L's are broken-in versions of). Jens Bogren used an MF400 for the tones on Ghost Reveries and TGCD, so I really wanna pick up a G12K100 to throw in my Recto cab and experiment with!

And Guitarded, definitely go Hellatone 60 over 60L IMO!

I really liked the mf280 cab I played through once, lovely tight bass for a v30 cab

Yeah, there are two, the MF400 and MF280; the former with G12K's, the latter with weird semi-V30s (which the Hellatone 60L's are broken-in versions of). Jens Bogren used an MF400 for the tones on Ghost Reveries and TGCD, so I really wanna pick up a G12K100 to throw in my Recto cab and experiment with!

And Guitarded, definitely go Hellatone 60 over 60L IMO!

Ah, I see I see. Thanks for the info!

-Joe

I've heard a lot of good things about the WGS veteran 30s as well... a lot prefer them to vintage 30s... less of a high mid spike and a smoother response version of a v30.

No one on this forum seems to use them though :err:

Once again, are any of the people who prefer them able to get a decent recorded sound out of 'em? ;) Not saying they're bad speakers (I know nothing about 'em), but rather that a guitarist's opinion on gear and tone doesn't mean a whole lot to me unless he can provide clips to back it up!

Once again, are any of the people who prefer them able to get a decent recorded sound out of 'em? ;) Not saying they're bad speakers (I know nothing about 'em), but rather that a guitarist's opinion on gear and tone doesn't mean a whole lot to me unless he can provide clips to back it up!

100% agreed.

thats why I've decided on hellatones... 'cause I know people have gotten decent recording tones with em.

:headbang: