WGS vs Eminence

EffigyForgotten

New Metal Member
May 22, 2012
Minas Morgul
Hey guys when I have enough money I want to buy some new speakers for my amp (blackstar stage 60) which still has the stock speakers (celestion seventy 80) and i'm looking for tighter lows and overall more metal tone and i'm stuck between the WGS veteran 30 and retro 30 mixed or the eminence governor and man o war mix. Opinions?

I have the Governor/Manowar x split pattern in my Splawn cab. The low end response is amazing. Absolutely no rumbling at all unlike the Orange cab I tried.
Anyways I tried about a dozen cabinets with my stock 5150 and my custom 7 string Conkin guitar with Lundgren pickups.
The Splawn seemed like the best choice to me.

Never heard or tried a veteran 30 so I can't comment on that. All I can say is that that the governor kinda sounds like a vintage 30 and the manowar kinda sounds like a gt75. And keep in mind I'm using that very loosely so to speak.

Yea I want the most focused sounding speakers for distortion, I was thinking v128 legends but I don't know how tight they are and the WGS. I probably try WGS first as they cheaper but i'm looking for the BEST speakers for death/tech death metal so if their is another eminence thats made for this let me know :)