Vintersorg interviews

well, the movie "the Cell" isn't that great I feel...it was more the sceneries I liked and still do...but the story is quite predictable.

mr V

i think that the opinion about things can change in time. i've seen that film years ago, and maybe i don't remember it so much just because a lot of time has passed. i've always thought that in life there are periods and phases , and if you face the same thing in different times your reaction can be totally different. sometimes it's only because we are us that change, and sometimes because we don't have the right tools to appreciate one thing in a determinate period.
i've learned this on my skin.... eheheh.... if i was so wise 8 years ago i would have seen your concert that damn day in wacken....but i wasn't, and now would give away a kidney to go back in time and change things. :lol::lol::lol:

i remember when i was something like 10 or 11 my father brought me to the cinema to see one film. i was too young to understand it and appreciate it, now i think it's a great film, but then i got out the cinema disgusted and a bit shocked :lol:, well the film wasn't that suitable for a little girl, 'cause it was "The piano". now it's one of my favourite films.

so maybe if i will see "the cell" tomorrow i will like it, or maybe not, who knows? i'm curious about that now :lol:

Just added 13. Interview with Otyg (Mattias Marklund) to the OP - very old interview, very insightful !! :rolleyes: haven't read this one before, it answers so many questions of mine! Like the one about Storm, the name Otyg, the religion question, and the highlight is something that reminded me of the funny comment Lefay made a few days ago :lol: :

Vintersorg�s vocals will probably be even better, becuase when we recorded '�lvef�rd' he suffered from a strange throat sickness.
:lol::lol:

ok kids, another 2 interviews up my sleeve for you today ;)

14. Interview with Oystein G. Brun about Borknagar, july 2004 [in dutch]

15. Interview with Oystein G. Brun about Cronian, 02/08/2006

The Cronian interview is very insightful, again, with beautiful pictures! :eek: (are those on the cd booklet? sorry, i don't have the original cd yet)
The album was mixed in late December 2005 in the Northern part of Sweden. And yes it was bastard cold! When we did the band photos (a break form the mixing) we went to a mountain nearby and it was freezing cold. You can almost see on my beard that it's about to freeze. Made a nice touch to the whole atmosphere while mixing the album!
Awesome! :D

I was delighted to read that Oystein likes Svidd Neger soundtrack! :D and sad to know that he doesn't really listen so much to metal anymore, at least on daily basis. :(

Is there anything you want to tell us after these questions?
Yeah, I really have to take a leak...............take care folks and thanks for your support!

Just added 13. Interview with Otyg (Mattias Marklund) to the OP - very old interview, very insightful !! :rolleyes: haven't read this one before, it answers so many questions of mine! Like the one about Storm, the name Otyg, the religion question, and the highlight is something that reminded me of the funny comment Lefay made a few days ago :lol: :

ahahah i was right :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You kids should learn that there's more in life than metal. :p

uhm....really??? :rolleyes:

just added :
16. http://www.tartareandesire.com/inter...intersorg.html

17. Talking with . . . Cronian - Interview with Oystein G. Brun 8/9/2006

You have a live DVD on the way, what is happening with that? It has not been on its way since 1999 or something like that and was never that much on the way. We recorded it but then we noticed that the people who recorded the sound absolutely didn't do the job they should have done. The sound was rather lousy and you have to be able to stand for each product you release and I don't want to release a DVD with a bad sound quality. We have put the plans on ice and if there will be a DVD in the future it will be a completely new recording.
whaaaat?? :eek::confused: there were plans for a Vintersorg DVD?? Something tells me there are some people around who don't care that much about the lousy sound :ill: gee, if you don't want to release the DVD, what about making that precious video material that you have available on youtube, or somewhere else on the nets??? now it probably just sits somewhere in the dusty digital corner of mr.V's computer going to waste while it could have made so many people happy! i would kill to see those recordings!! and i'm sure i'm not the only one! :bah:

We already have to deal with the fact that the chances are scarce that we'll ever see Vintersorg playing live again, so what about giving us just a little something? :cry:

i continue updating the list as i come across the interviews, even if it's just for the record...

today's two entries might require google translate help :p

18. http://www.metal.de/stories.php4?was=story&id=28 [in German]
google does a fair job here, very nice scientific themed interview.

19. http://www.galeon.com/mmetal/Entrevistas/vintersorg.htm [in Spanish]
was less nicely translated but still quite understandable. I learned some new interesting facts, like f.ex. how mr.V used to think about Simen :)

what about that interview that someone of the forum (sorry i don't remember who) was going to do to mr V?
nothing happened since then?

i believe it was NovembersDirge. It would be great, i think it was quite a while ago that an interview with mr.V was conducted (as far as i know). It's about time we got a fresh one *hint hint* ;)

i believe it was NovembersDirge. It would be great, i think it was quite a while ago that an interview with mr.V was conducted (as far as i know). It's about time we got a fresh one *hint hint* ;)

yeah, you're probably right.
i remember he did a topic for questions we would like to ask him time ago.