VINTERSORG Extends Deal With NAPALM RECORDS

Hubster

Oct 29, 2003
Bondi Australia
VINTERSORG Extends Deal With NAPALM RECORDS - Nov. 24, 2006
VINTERSORG, the Swedish band led by BORKNAGAR frontman Andreas Hedlund (a.k.a. Vintersorg), has extended its worldwide recording contract with Napalm Records "to include multiple releases," according to a posting on the Napalm web site. "Band mastermind Andreas Hedlund is currently working on new material, which promises to direct more of its attention to the folk metal elements that bodly decorated past works."

VINTERSORG previously announced that its upcoming album had the working title of "Solens Rötter" (Swedish for "The Sun's Roots"). The follow-up to 2004's "The Focusing Blur" will not feature contributions from Steve DiGiorgio (SADUS, SEBASTIAN BACH, TESTAMENT, DEATH) and drummer Asgeir Mickelson (SPIRAL ARCHITECT, BORKNAGAR), both of whom performed on the band's last two releases.

Vintersorg's collaboration with BORKNAGAR's Oystein G. Brun (guitars and programming), dubbed CRONIAN, release its debut album, "Terra", in the U.S. in April 2006 via Century Media Records. The CD, which was issued in Europe on March 27, was mastered by Dan Swanö at Unisound.

Well that's pretty good.Napalm has been fairly good to Mr.V (in terms of distribution, as I've seen some of the later albums in Malls and such) so might as well stick with who you know.

I hope this means Solens Rötter will be released soon. :)

Strangely I couldn't find anthing about this on the napalm records website (but it's a mess anyway, maybe I just overlooked it). :erk:

yeah..though i wouldve signed with a label that would be able to give v better advertising and distrib. NB or something

The End Records!

haha, this is good, any news regarding Vintersorg that pops up just refreshes the status of the band, giving us less and less time we have to wait for the album!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he does do something Vintersorg in the new style, I like both folk and the new progressive style so don't get me wrong but I'd like to have something in the new style this year also.