Vintersorg news - bits & pieces

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
I thought I should share the info given in the latest issue of Swedens largest metal magazine Close-up.
www.closeupmagazine.net

About Otyg: The name of the third album is/was supposed to be "Djävulen" (The devil), and its supposed to have the best Otyg songs ever. The lyrics deal with how the devil was portrayed in swedish "folk-belief" during different moments of the swedish history. Vintersorg is very satisfied with the lyrics but wants to challenge himself when he goes into the studio. To record this album would for him be to turn back the clock too far. He does not rule out a possible recording of these tracks in the future, and they have saved pre-production versions so they will not forget the songs. Another Otyg release would be the three demos on one cd, to fulfill the contract with Napalm records.

Vintersorg has laid down clean vocals for the pre-production of the next Borknagar album due to be recorded at the turn of this year into 2003.

Havayoth are preparing their next "goth-album" for Hammerheart records.

The 5th Vintersorg album is already written and will be called "The focusing blur". Vintersorg says: There are not going to be many black-metal riffs on it. It is gonna be more progressive than ever.

The "mini-LP" called "Fragments and alternatives: The experiment" may be put up on their webiste in its entirety instead of put out on cd. At least that is what Vintersorg hopes.

Vintersorg will be part of a metalopera composed by him and 29 norwegian artists! It is gonna be theatralic horror-metal with progressive and odd riffs. The people will be handpicked from the metal scene.

Originally posted by At The Gates
About Otyg: The name of the third album is/was supposed to be "Djävulen" (The devil), and its supposed to have the best Otyg songs ever. The lyrics deal with how the devil was portrayed in swedish "folk-belief" during different moments of the swedish history. Vintersorg is very satisfied with the lyrics but wants to challenge himself when he goes into the studio. To record this album would for him be to turn back the clock too far. He does not rule out a possible recording of these tracks in the future, and they have saved pre-production versions so they will not forget the songs. Another Otyg release would be the three demos on one cd, to fulfill the contract with Napalm records.
:cry:
I strongly believe that releasing the demos is a bloody excellent idea! :D

Thanks At The Gates, that's great news... I'd like to have a confirmation though *hint hint* :p

Holy shit....between that and work, how do you sleep Vintersorg? Do you just find a closet to crash in for 5 minutes aday? Damn...you must be excellent at time management.....

are Steve and Asgeir going to be involved with you and MAttias on Focusing Blur?

"The Focusing blur" will contain the same recording line-up, probabaly with some more guest appearances.

mr V

This is prolly the only time ive seen an artist have a name for his next album before his current album is even released :lol:

great news, the experiment for free on the site? Sounds chupi to me go for it!

RIP Otyg...:cry:

F_V: Ignorant passerby whos still here....:err: :p

good news. thx At The Gates. anyway...

@Mr. V: when Havayoth will be release and this album will be recorded with symphony orchestra? i read something about orchestra one year ago...

why "Fragments and alternatives: The experiment" isn't released via Napalm as MCD?

WHAT'S GOING WITH DVD?????

what's exactly means "There are not going to be many black-metal riffs on it. It is gonna be more progressive than ever. "??? like "E.S.P. Mirage"? or like "Spegelspaeren"?

Originally posted by Tyr

YEAH!! Damn lazy git!!! Where's that DVD!??? :p

did I just hear a whip crack? You heard the man! You can't be getting a whole hour of sleep, V! From now on you only get 40 minutes, with the new 20 minutes going to DVD making! *cracks whip* To work!

:p

Originally posted by At The Gates
Havayoth are preparing their next "goth-album" for Hammerheart records.

Great news, but those Havayoth news, are they correct? As much as I know Havayoth is not with Hammerheart anymore.
Not only that there is an intie with Mr. V in the Legacy stating the break from Hammerheart, also I have a personal mail from Marcus stating this...

Originally posted by Morgana
@ Eldzik feeling better now? No need to scream :p

hey Morg, it was a joke;) if you want quote all:D i have at work fast connection:p

i'd rather would've liked to see havayoth put to sleep than otyg, but well...!:cry:

but vintersorg allready had the new otyg-album written? wow, didn't know that! i'd rather go for "Djäfulen" than the demos as new release! would be something new then!:) :D :) :D

Well, I hope that Havayoth will NOT put to sleep, they are tooo good and they can always create and experiment with new stuff...

For my part, I'm looking forward to the three demos. Djäfulen is still open for the future... you'll never really know... maybe one day... the ols spirit returns...

I have the solution!

1)Record The New Otyg album! (Even if it is in the future!)

2)Vintersorg, being the generous guy he is, sells the Otyg demos through mp3.com (all it takes is a little mp3 ripping time!) and makes nice profits, bypassing the record company.

3)Release "fragments and Alternatives" on cd! For some reason, simply getting an mp3 alone lacks something that a CD with artwork does. (The artwork maybe?:lol: ) I've been looking forward to it for a long time, as I'm sure others have been, and I think it would be cool do do justuice to the project as at least a mini-release.

4)Magically transport "Visions..." to my local HMV so I can run down and pick it up today.