Updates - Vintersorg & Related!

Marklund

Jan 22, 2002
Visit site
Updates in the Vintersorg camp!

I am currently helping mr. V to record his first album with his symphonic rock/jazz band (with a pulse of the 70's) called Waterfield. All the songs are amazing and unique in their own way and I personally think that this is some of his best musical achivement so far.

Benny is working hard with the new Fission album and allthough I haven't heard much of it yet, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a killer album!

We will start to record the upcoming Vintersorg album when the work on Waterfield and the new acoustic Borknagar are finished, so that mr. V can focus 100% on Vintersorg.

Concerning vintersorg.com.. We have problems getting in contact with the old webmaster to get all the nescesarry info to get the new site up and running. Hopefully this problem can be solved a.s.a.p.

Me and long time friend Patrik Pettersson have formed a new band called Casket Casey with Otyg members Cia Hedmark and Stefan Strömberg. It started more as a bad joke than as a serious band, but the more songs we recorded the more we thought it was something we should take seriously.

We have recorded an MCD that will be released through the underground horror punk label Blood and Guts Records. I bet that most of the Vintersorg and Otyg fans will think this is pure shit because it sounds totally different and because of the fucked up and bizarre lyrics, but I think some of you guys and gals will be glad to hear that Cia's enthralling vocals are back in action..

/Mattias Marklund

Marklund said:

I am currently helping mr. V to record his first album with his symphonic rock/jazz band (with a pulse of the 70's) called Waterfield. All the songs are amazing and unique in their own way and I personally think that this is some of his best musical achivement so far.

Benny is working hard with the new Fission album and allthough I haven't heard much of it yet, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a killer album!

We will start to record the upcoming Vintersorg album when the work on Waterfield and the new acoustic Borknagar are finished, so that mr. V can focus 100% on Vintersorg.

Concerning vintersorg.com.. We have problems getting in contact with the old webmaster to get all the nescesarry info to get the new site up and running. Hopefully this problem can be solved a.s.a.p.

Me and long time friend Patrik Pettersson have formed a new band called Casket Casey with Otyg members Cia Hedmark and Stefan Strömberg. It started more as a bad joke than as a serious band, but the more songs we recorded the more we thought it was something we should take seriously.

We have recorded an MCD that will be released through the underground horror punk label Blood and Guts Records. I bet that most of the Vintersorg and Otyg fans will think this is pure shit because it sounds totally different and because of the fucked up and bizarre lyrics, but I think some of you guys and gals will be glad to hear that Cia's enthralling vocals are back in action..

/Mattias Marklund

Wow! That's...err...a lot of information and I will definitly check out Cascet Casey. But you didn't mention anything about the new Otyg-cd? :D

Hej, nice to hear something from someone different than Mr. V. ;)

I am really looking forward to everything you've forecasted especially to that prog/jazz/whatever rock band "Waterfield". And also to the new Borknagar CD although I don't really like this kind of music but acoustic albums are always different.

And your music project really sounds interesting and it's also nice to see Cia back coffed up :p
Those vocals and the instruments are very athmospheric, i like it alot! go on with it ;)

Glad to hear that u work hard with new shit!

That song with caket casey was awesome. Simple but mysterious. I usually never buy cds, but this one sounds really intressting.

Thanks for the updates Mattias! :)

Are you gonna record the new Vintersorg MCD (the glance at the past one) at the same time as the album?

Twilightheart said:
I´m phoning with Marcus Norman (the other half of Havayoth, remember?) tonight or tomorrow in the recording studio... I can just ask him actually and post his answer here then...
Cool. I emailed him a few weeks back and he was hoping that 05 would be the year of a new album. Didn't sound like there was anything set in stone though.

winter-frost said:
Cool. I emailed him a few weeks back and he was hoping that 05 would be the year of a new album. Didn't sound like there was anything set in stone though.
Okay, I asked Marcus again about Havayoth and he said the following: all is written and recorded as a demo-version. On this demo version still Marcus is singing (and Mr.V can learn the lyrics etc. from that recording, because no one else will ever sing in Havayoth on the record, only "Mr. V" ... Marcus doesn`t consider himself a good singer for clean vocals, so he will not sing himself). He personally likes the new Havayoth stuff very much, but there are problems with the Karmageddon label. In the beginning they didn´t react in any way to the new stuff... then one day they said, Havayoth can look for a new label to publish it, no problem. But then, when Marcus really got serious and contacted other labels and Karmageddon heared about it, Karmageddon suddenly stated, Havayoth still have a contract for a second album and the album must be done via Karmageddon. To use Marcus` original words about Karmageddon: "They treated us like assholes." And now he`s just waiting for the action of the label, there`s nothing he can do without their "OK". But after that 2. album he`s gonna search for a new label for the Havayoth releases.
So... of course Marcus knows, that I´ll publish this statement... it`s gonna be published on my website soon anyway within the interview I did with him just now about all his bands (Naglfar in the new line-up, Ancient Wisdom etc.).

Casket Casey.
Truly nice design on the site that goes perfect with the music. Which also was really nice...!!!!!!!!!!!! Can´t wait to hear more! It reminds me a bit of old The Gathering.

Mattias good work with all the contributions on all the Vintersorg albums. I can't wait for the next V album, I hope Mr V goes a little back into the past on this next album, I miss the vikingness in Mr V.

Whoa! Great many news at the same time! A bit sad with the Havayoth new, but I hope it will work out, since I've been looking forward to that album for a long time :0)

-Andreas

Marklund said:

/Mattias Marklund

Sounds awesome. I can wait to hear Waterfield music.

Draugen said:
Hell! That's one long interview... How long did you guys really talk anyway???
Good work though! :headbang:
TX Draugen! What you can read, was about an hour talking, I think. It´s only the cutted version (I talked also with Andreas Nilsson before etc./ and talked about nonsense with Marcus before, but I didn`t type that down of course... hehe).

Twilightheart said:
Winter-Frost! The whole interview is now online on www.sheol-magazine.com ... I thought I let you know, in case you wanna read it all! :)
I can't find the interview, where is it? :(

This is all I see:
new interviews:

March 2005 > Phone interview with Marcus Norman ("Vargher") about his recordings with Naglfar, Ancient Wisdom, Havayoth etc.

other interviews in alphabetic order:

Bathory

Die Saat

Finntroll

Korpiklaani

Naglfar

Nasheim