Vintersorg explores Prog Rock

Vintersorg

(sym)phony (com)poser
Dec 16, 2001
Vintersorg explores progressive rock with new project named Waterfield

Excerpt from Waterfield Biography:

The project started out as an experiment and a location for relaxation, without any pressure or profound goal. Mr V (Vintersorg/Borknagar/Fission…) has been in love with symphonic and progressive rock from the 70’s since childhood but never actually made any contribution, in that arena, himself besides using that inspiration in his other musical excursions. But in the autumn of ´04 Mr V felt the urge to explore the more rock oriented venues of his mind, and some songs came to life. These songs became the stronghold from where he ignited the spirit and soul of Waterfield, without knowing it himself. Song by song piled up into a whole album and he couldn’t resist the joy of putting them down on “tape” (disc).

The album called “The Astral factor” will be out on Lion Music in ‘06

www.lionmusic.com

'06? Rats! It better be early 06.

EDIT: I checked Lion Music's homepage and there's no mention of Waterfield, just to let you know.

That sounds really awesome I wonder what it will sound like at the moment I'm kinda imagining something similar to Opeth Damnation but with Vintersorg on vocals. :D

The Minds Eye said:
That sounds really awesome I wonder what it will sound like at the moment I'm kinda imagining something similar to Opeth Damnation but with Vintersorg on vocals. :D

It's a bit hard to describe as it's kind of vast musci that crosses serveral genre-borders. I don't hear Opeth in it though..but I guess Mikael and I like the same bands..so from that perspective it may have some similar points.

mr V

What are your main influces? Because 70's prog rock is a huge genre, there are big cloughs between Pink Floyd, Yes and King Crimson. Or shall we look forward to a wild mixture between spheric and dodgy stuff?

Can't await it!

I knew Mr. V had the heart of 70s rocker all this time, only waiting to be unleashed. For awhile I was thinking the Waterfield project might have been cancelled or put on hold for the next year or so. This is fantastic news.

Heh, finally after all this time of wondering it's answered; now what of the new Vintersorg stuff Mr.V?

oh yeah, I'm glad I finally checked back here, I remember when there used to be ~ 4 people haha

and Draugen.....I love you for your site :)

Seraphim Belial said:
Heh, finally after all this time of wondering it's answered; now what of the new Vintersorg stuff Mr.V?

oh yeah, I'm glad I finally checked back here, I remember when there used to be ~ 4 people haha

and Draugen.....I love you for your site :)

well, the new Vintersorg album is something really cool (uuhhh..feels fresh, right?) hehe..but it will strongly hold a more "ethnic" touch than the latest two albums. I guess all my Prog-exploring in Waterfield made the Vintersorg album more metal and less "spacious" if you know what I mean..the subjects on the album are quite vast, I mean the spectra of the subject that's revealed in the lyrics is very wide. Nature in many forms I would say. The nature of Man, the nature of science, the nature of fate, the nature on and of earth etc.

So far we've recorded some guitars and all the keyboards...I guess we'll start to do some serious recording any day now..both me and Mattias have been quite occupied by other events, also to figure out how we wanted this album to come out