A Classical Prog Vintersorg Project

Apr 8, 2005
Hey Guys
I was listening to some of Vintersorg's more softer ballad type material (the enigmatic spirit,Sharpen your Mind Tools etc) and I thought this would actually be a really cool idea. Think Vintersorg but without the Harsh vocals and heavy guitaring but instead a more softer progressive sound (like winds), I mean I think it would be a cool idea he has the passionate singing on alot of his songs and this would be a good way to hear even more of his voice capabilities. If you want to imagine what it would sound like download a winds song and then imagine it with Vintersorg vocals.

Just a random idea I was thinking of, what do you guys think? :headbang:

But waterfield is going to be more like 70s prog. That's what Mr. V said one time here on the forum.
I really like "The enigmatic spirit" and would like to here more of that stuff. :)

I personally think if Vintersorg used only clean vocals, I wouldn't have gotten into it a lot. I like Winds, but I find it boring if I listen to it much. It is the harsh vox interleaved with clean vocals and harsh vox alone that makes his vocal experimentalism resemble moments of dementia and angryness, still his clean vox resembles more of the forementioned elements rather than the mellowness and all of that what you hear in the more recent albums of V. I got into Vintersorg when Cosmic Genesis came out, by the song "A Dialogue with the Stars" and when the clean vox entered "These myriads of stars"... it was almost instantaneous love! felt refreshing! But I doubt it would have had that -viking axe shattering effect- if it was all clean or all growls.

As for Waterfield, I read on Metal Archives V. was related to this project but I haven't found anything about it, is there any thread about it?

Thanks

Thidrek said:
But waterfield is going to be more like 70s prog. That's what Mr. V said one time here on the forum.
I really like "The enigmatic spirit" and would like to here more of that stuff. :)

Yes. It's like that but also having some more mellow songs on it. Soon more info about Waterfield will be revealed, very soon.

mr V

Well I Like more vintersorg's singing style in the Till Fjälls album, with folk voice and then black voice.

But not like borknagar, or other vintersorg albums. The till fjälls album isnt only music and lyrics its the way Vintersorg singsin that album

Awesome that sounds really cool, 70's prog is good.

So this sounds kinda atmospheric which will be really cool.

(I actually really like the harsh vocals and clean vocals together it was really just a discussion in my opinon about where you could go with your music next, but it seems like you've got that all sorted already :D)