New Vintersorg?

Apr 8, 2005
Hello

Just stopped in to check out my favorite band ever ever ever (and the band that helped me decide what to study and become passionate about music) and I was curious as if there would be any new plans for a Vintersorg album in the works? I started having paranoid thoughts about Vintersorg retiring! So I thought I had better check out whats up! Plus Solens Rotter was one of his best.

Keep making amazing thought provoking music MR V!

I agree. Solens Rötter was the best V-album since Cosmic Genesis.
I doubt there will be any new material soon though. Fission is about to release Pain Parade and I would assume that a new Cronian record (and perhaps Borknagar?) will come before a new V-record.

I don't think we'll see a new Vintersorg album before late 2009/early 2010. I think Borknagar's supposed to come out early 2009, right?

Yeah I agree, the last one was only released last year :rolleyes: .

They're not Amorphis you know :lol: (I'm not critisicing them in any way, Amorphis is awesome :headbang:. It's really amazing that they released two albums in two years, and both albums are really amazing).

I'd say beginning of 2010 :) .

Yeah I agree, the last one was only released last year :rolleyes: .

They're not Amorphis you know :lol: (I'm not critisicing them in any way, Amorphis is awesome :headbang:. It's really amazing that they released two albums in two years, and both albums are really amazing).

I'd say beginning of 2010 :) .

I guess a late '09 release is realistic. I've written some tracks and they sounds very promosing...but Mattias and I will jam a bit more together this time around before we start to record stuff...so I think that we'll start the recording process in late '08.

mr V

I guess a late '09 release is realistic. I've written some tracks and they sounds very promosing...but Mattias and I will jam a bit more together this time around before we start to record stuff...so I think that we'll start the recording process in late '08.

mr V

OMG YES!!!!!!

Not holding you to the date because you're working on several projects I also want to see released, but it's fantastic to know you're already working on the next Vintersorg album in some fashion. Cheers! If you get it out by late 2009, it'll coincide with me getting my Ph.D.! (and hopefully a job...) =)

mr V

Awesome, I'm really happy to hear that! :headbang:

Naglfar said:
OMG YES!!!!!!

Not holding you to the date because you're working on several projects I also want to see released, but it's fantastic to know you're already working on the next Vintersorg album in some fashion. Cheers! If you get it out by late 2009, it'll coincide with me getting my Ph.D.! (and hopefully a job...) =)

Haha funny enough, I'll be (hopefully :p ) finishing my M.A. by the end of 2009 :). And yes hopefully it'll come with a job too :p .

Good for us Naglfar, new titles and new Mr.V albvm!

Great to hear you are still planning to spoil us for a few years to come Mr V.

a) How is the degree going?
b) Are you considering Swedish only lyrics or a mixture of both?

Great to hear you are still planning to spoil us for a few years to come Mr V.

a) How is the degree going?
b) Are you considering Swedish only lyrics or a mixture of both?

Fingers crossed for a mixture of both or a completely English album.:D Surely I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind that?:S

also

c) How's the new Borknagar album going? Anything happening on that front?

Fingers crossed for an album completly in Swedish. :p

If Mr V wants his music to be in Swedish that is fine, but it won't help him on a global scale because no one outside of Sweden(swedish speaking countries) will know what he is talking about... which makes for a less interesting album. If I was Swedish, I would want an album in my native language too, but for those that speak english it is generous for him to do a little bit of both. So I vote both

Old Norsk and Gothic! :p

^ By school do you mean college? What are you going to study? :)

WARNING: Christian Talk :zombie:

Seminary.

I have a BA in Film, and then realized that I hate Film (though I currently work with media software). It's stressful, long hours at times, and because it's seen as 'glamorous', its hard to get a good-paying job doing it. And I'm just on the software side of things - I can't imagine what it's like to work for a TV station or on a film set. Finally, I decided that my heart wasn't in media or software anymore, and it's time to make a change. I've been interested in spirituality and religion for a long time, and I finally decided to have a go at it.

San Francisco has an umbrella organization of sorts, called the Graduate Theological Union, and there are some 10-11 seminaries under that - mostly Christian, but one Buddhist. We also have both Jewish and Islamic Studies, as well as a program that studies Religion and Science. (Spirit generator!)

Last year I talked with the Episcopalians at the Church Divinity School of the Pacific; I liked the staff and students a lot, but they don't have the programs that I'm interested in. I'm more interested in Religion and how it interacts with society and/or culture, and they're much more focused on either the arts, or hardcore Biblical and Anglican history.

So, I talked with a friend of mine who is a priest, and she attended classes at GTU - she recommended the Lutheran Seminary, Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary. Spiritually, they're pretty closely aligned with the Episcopalians; they're the one branch of the Lutheran Church (ELCA) that ordains women, and sometimes the two churches will 'swap out' priests - a Lutheran will get hired at an Episcopalian church, and vice versa. Plus, this church has an emphasis on Religion and Society, which is what I'm interested in. I'm not interested in going into the priesthood (though that would be funny!), but maybe pursue a more spiritual type of a career. Maybe counseling or advocacy; I have friends on all parts of the spiritual spectrum (up to and including Satanism), and I seem to be one of the only people they know who will listen to them and can 'translate' their religious beliefs to others. (Though trying to explain Asatru to Evangelical Christians was a bit of a stretch :lol:)

I'm going to try to go down and talk to them in a couple of weeks. I'm burned out on Seattle, I may have a job lead in SF, and it'd be good to go to Grad School and not live in a dorm. They (along with the GTU) also have part time programs, certificate programs, you can audit classes, you can take one class at a time, etc. They also have a lot of students like me, who graduated from college a while ago, worked for a while, and need a change of pace. But, that's the goal at least. I may just start out with one class to see if I can handle it before jumping in full time.

It'll be interesting.

WARNING: Christian Talk :zombie:

Seminary.

I have a BA in Film, and then realized that I hate Film (though I currently work with media software). It's stressful, long hours at times, and because it's seen as 'glamorous', its hard to get a good-paying job doing it. And I'm just on the software side of things - I can't imagine what it's like to work for a TV station or on a film set. Finally, I decided that my heart wasn't in media or software anymore, and it's time to make a change. I've been interested in spirituality and religion for a long time, and I finally decided to have a go at it.

San Francisco has an umbrella organization of sorts, called the Graduate Theological Union, and there are some 10-11 seminaries under that - mostly Christian, but one Buddhist. We also have both Jewish and Islamic Studies, as well as a program that studies Religion and Science. (Spirit generator!)

Last year I talked with the Episcopalians at the Church Divinity School of the Pacific; I liked the staff and students a lot, but they don't have the programs that I'm interested in. I'm more interested in Religion and how it interacts with society and/or culture, and they're much more focused on either the arts, or hardcore Biblical and Anglican history.

So, I talked with a friend of mine who is a priest, and she attended classes at GTU - she recommended the Lutheran Seminary, Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary. Spiritually, they're pretty closely aligned with the Episcopalians; they're the one branch of the Lutheran Church (ELCA) that ordains women, and sometimes the two churches will 'swap out' priests - a Lutheran will get hired at an Episcopalian church, and vice versa. Plus, this church has an emphasis on Religion and Society, which is what I'm interested in. I'm not interested in going into the priesthood (though that would be funny!), but maybe pursue a more spiritual type of a career. Maybe counseling or advocacy; I have friends on all parts of the spiritual spectrum (up to and including Satanism), and I seem to be one of the only people they know who will listen to them and can 'translate' their religious beliefs to others. (Though trying to explain Asatru to Evangelical Christians was a bit of a stretch :lol:)

I'm going to try to go down and talk to them in a couple of weeks. I'm burned out on Seattle, I may have a job lead in SF, and it'd be good to go to Grad School and not live in a dorm. They (along with the GTU) also have part time programs, certificate programs, you can audit classes, you can take one class at a time, etc. They also have a lot of students like me, who graduated from college a while ago, worked for a while, and need a change of pace. But, that's the goal at least. I may just start out with one class to see if I can handle it before jumping in full time.

It'll be interesting.

Interesting, even though I completely disagree with Christians, Lutherans or any religion, you can do whatever you want I guess :p. IMO you should've stayed with Film, but well it's your decision. You seem like a nice guy/gal, saving kittens and all, so well I won't bash you à la Black Metal :p .

Interesting, even though I completely disagree with Christians, Lutherans or any religion, you can do whatever you want I guess :p. IMO you should've stayed with Film, but well it's your decision. You seem like a nice guy/gal, saving kittens and all, so well I won't bash you à la Black Metal :p .

Gee, thanks :D

One of the things I'm interested in is how religion is viewed by different people. Don't get me wrong - I think it's done a lot of damage over the years, but one way I can see to change that is through the inside.

And film software is fun and all, but wow I am so burnt out on it it's not even funny. So, time for a new direction!

Gee, thanks :D

One of the things I'm interested in is how religion is viewed by different people. Don't get me wrong - I think it's done a lot of damage over the years, but one way I can see to change that is through the inside.

And film software is fun and all, but wow I am so burnt out on it it's not even funny. So, time for a new direction!

Bahahah, yeah, because religion just loooooves change.:) An acceptable change would be religion going away... but let's just stop this right here and now. We've got the Tavern thread. Fingers crossed for some more news from mr. V.

Fingers crossed for an album completly in Swedish. :p

I hope the same.

The best Vintersorg albums/songs are in swedish IMO... maybe his mother tongue connects him to the folk songwriting (HH, TF, ÖS, SR and Om Regnbagen materialiserades from CG are heavily folk-inspired and I like it!!)

Solens Rötter was the perfect mix between the complex prog and the old folk stuff... will be tough to surpass it being an extremely solid release.