Solens Rotter in english anywhere?

Apr 8, 2005
Well my copy of Solens Rotter finally arrived! As you probally know I am a New Zealander so I have almost zero knowledge of the Swedish language, I think the new album is pretty perfect and makes me proud to be a Vintersorg fan but one thing I would like is to be able to read the lyrics in English so I could understand the subject matter as it is always something that interests me in Mr V's music, so if anyone knows anywhere on the net I could get my hands on some English translations of Solens Rotter lyrics then feel free to help out a fellow fan! Even if it's just one song :( I'm feeling slightly alienated. Thanks again :)

I think that amf is working on the translations if I remember correctly. Otherwise, I'll have to do it myself. In any case, I'm sure they will be posted on the Trollskogen-page eventually.

I'm actually hoping there's at least a few english tracks on the new album (haha riduculous talking about a new album already!).

I just had to translate my favourite part of the entire album; namely the chorus of "Naturens Mystär"

"With the break of light, a horizontal bridge
Which forces my shadow to shine
In ghostlike colors, just like in ancient belief
Made every soul to freeze
The pure beings of spectralcolors are shaped
And flees towards a raincovered sky
Where the expanding aura of the water is stormed
From the energypatterns which creates my entire view"

There are many flashbacks lyricwise in this song which goes back to the phenomenal "Om Regnbågen Materialiserades" from Cosmic Genesis. Even entire sentences are re-used.
Great, good and so on... :headbang:

I agree that part is the most beautiful of the album, it gives me a similar feeling as the chorus of Under Norrskenets Fallande Ljusspel.

But, upprät should be vertical, no? :)

I just had to translate my favourite part of the entire album; namely the chorus of "Naturens Mystär"

"With the break of light, a horizontal bridge
Which forces my shadow to shine
In ghostlike colors, just like in ancient belief
Made every soul to freeze
The pure beings of spectralcolors are shaped
And flees towards a raincovered sky
Where the expanding aura of the water is stormed
From the energypatterns which creates my entire view"

There are many flashbacks lyricwise in this song which goes back to the phenomenal "Om Regnbågen Materialiserades" from Cosmic Genesis. Even entire sentences are re-used.
Great, good and so on... :headbang:

Yes, it's a part II to the mentioned track actually. I had that in mind when I composed it.

mr V

Wow, I'm really curious what the lyrics are during the REALLY REALLY epic parts on the album, the chorus of "Naturens Mystär" is definitely one of those moments, so I'm glad to see a translation!!!

How about minutes 3:43-5:17 of "At Bygga En Ruin," that part just totally knocks me out. So passionate and epic! And of course the AMAZING choruses in "Döpt I En Jökelsjö" and "Perfektionisten."

God damn Mr. V, you really hit me hard with this album, nothing has ever spoken so directly to every facet of my being before this album. Thank you so much! It still sends the chills down my spine that it did the first second I heard the introduction to "Döpt I En Jökelsjö." I practically want to learn Swedish just so I can learn this album!!!!!!

How about minutes 3:43-5:17 of "At Bygga En Ruin," that part just totally knocks me out. So passionate and epic!
I totally agree, that part is just fucking awesome. The vocals and the lyrics just give such a hopless feeling. And the drums!! One of the top Vintersorg moments ever. The lyrics for that part are:

Every butterfly is grey, every fireplace is cold
And the shadows force the light away
Forests have begun to bleed, every crop is suffocated
And the cup of wisdom hass been emptied

All meadows have lost their former splendour,
The strings of the harp of foolishness resound in this land
Where the star of lifelessness burns
With a cold light which we will never overcome

Almost done with the translations by the way, Mantis is just giving them a final check.

yeah, soon it will all be ready, i miss only few tracks, btw it seems that "trysta" exists in both icelandic and faroernse as verb meaning something like "push" but i'll keep searchin'

yeah, soon it will all be ready, i miss only few tracks, btw it seems that "trysta" exists in both icelandic and faroernse as verb meaning something like "push" but i'll keep searchin'
I'm starting to think it's just an error in the booklet. I really can't hear the R when he sings it, and Mr V usually have well pronounced R's, it sounds just like "tysta". R lies just next T on a keyboard, so it's not impossible whoever wrote the lyrics to the booklet accidently pressed R.

Mr V, if you read this maybe you can shed some light? The first line of the chorus in Från materia till ande is "Från materia till ande, från tingens trysta sfär ". Is trysta correct or is it supposed to be tysta? If trysta is correct, what does it mean? :err: