VINTERSORG

I mean no disrespect with this statement.
Mr. V is pretty good with keeping us all updated. If there were to be any progress on any album of any project, he would say something. Otherwise, the latest information is in past threads.

I've written 4-5 tracks for a new Vintersorg album..we're going to spend a lot of time composing the new piece this summer.

mr V

so can we hope for an album late 2009? or shall we wait for 2010???

I hope the first option :p

4-5 tracks already when he is busy with Borknagar stuff. He'll have the whole summer, he and Mattias. I think they can do it. If I were to take a wild guess at a release date, I would say late fall or early winter time. But hey... I could be wrong, they could get writers block or something. I hope that will be the right release date. :) Hehehe.

I'd suppose the new CD will be released soonest in early 2010. Songs have to be written and remember how long it took to record the songs on Solens Rötter!

Good point.
The only problem is this. Now there is a definate fact that there will be a new release, my arm twitch and I want to rip my pillow apart. The wait in almost unbearable. Hehehe. Remember Solens Rötter? Man, talk about pain and suffering. And since I currently live in USA, I had to wait even longer to get that album.
Sometimes, I wish that he'd just sneak them up on us. I wake up in the morning and get the news "NEW VINTERSORG RECORD!" Hehe. It would beat the suffering, but in the end, it is ALLLLL WORTH IT!

Svarthjärtad;8203953 said:
Good point.
The only problem is this. Now there is a definate fact that there will be a new release, my arm twitch and I want to rip my pillow apart. The wait in almost unbearable. Hehehe. Remember Solens Rötter? Man, talk about pain and suffering. And since I currently live in USA, I had to wait even longer to get that album.
Sometimes, I wish that he'd just sneak them up on us. I wake up in the morning and get the news "NEW VINTERSORG RECORD!" Hehe. It would beat the suffering, but in the end, it is ALLLLL WORTH IT!

Well, here's something weird about Solens Rötter and the USA.

On the week that Solens Rötter was originally released in Europe, the official USA release date was a couple of months after that. However, iTunes in the USA had Solens Rötter available for purchase. So, I bought it there. Now, evilness of iTunes aside, it is a legal way to get music, and they had the album before it was technically released in the States. Then I acquired a hard copy of the CD a few months after that.

Maybe Apple will make that same 'mistake' again next time :lol:

The term "writers block" in conjunction with Andreas doesn't exist in my world :D
Still I am also guessing it'll be 2010...

:) Indeed.

Svarthjärtad;8203953 said:
Good point.

Hey I have to wait more so don't complain! :p Actually if I were to wait for the CDs to get to CRn stores I'd have to wait what…, 5 more months, at least? So no, I'll get them from Europe even though I'll have to pay €12 extra in postage. At least it's for a good cause hehe.

And yeah I expect a 2010 release too, no pressure to release it early.

I've written 4-5 tracks for a new Vintersorg album..we're going to spend a lot of time composing the new piece this summer.

mr V

Thank you sir. This gives me something to look forward to on the horizon along with the new Borknagar opus. Nature, space and time... where will the music take us next?

....to be continued

Thank you sir. This gives me something to look forward to on the horizon along with the new Borknagar opus. Nature, space and time... where will the music take us next?

Texas! Austin, Texas!

(Seriously - Mr. V playing South by SouthWest, a music festival down there, would be fantastic.)

Glad to hear there is some new Vintersorg material written. As always, my most anticipated album is whenever the next Vintersorg album comes out.

Some websites are not allowing USA to buy stuff if it not released here. I hear this, but not sure if it is true. I hope not. Sweden Rock Shop isn't sending to USA anymore, at least not right now.

I can't wait for new material Mr. V!!!! How does the material so far compare to Solens Rotter? Are there going to be real drums on this one you think?

it will be interesting to know if mr V does write first music or lyrics.
i've always wondered.

Hi
I just have to tell you how lucky i am to see Mr. V live and in real life for the first time this summer. Borknagar @ Wacken 09. Ever since the age of 14 (im 21 in aug) iv been dying to meet Vintersorg. Though the chance is small to meet him in person at this huge festival. I study Math and Nature and think of his lyrics every time i open my books. To meet him and have a chat for a few minutes and show him my Vintersorg tatoo would be my greatest honor. (exuse my bad english :devil:)

/Vargas