New Vintersorg?

And tobz, where did you hear (read) this news? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

I was just flipping through the pages of the latest Nuclear Blast catalogue which I got at Wacken, and suddenly there it was, shining its lovely light in my eyes!
It's a full page ad from Napalm records, with a couple of other bands which I haven't heard of. Says it'll be out by the 29th of this month, and it'll cost 13,50 €. (actually, I just saw it at napalm's website, and there it is 12 €, maybe the other is including shipping...) There's more, but it's in German so I don't really understand it, not to a 100% at least.
Maybe one of our German frinds in here can help us, it says; Diese sammlung vereint die beiden legendären Otyg alben - Die vorreiter des Folk metals mit Vintersorgs einzigartigem gesang.
I suppose it means something like its a collection from Otyg, the forebearers of Folk metal and then something about Mr. V's vocals, but as I said, my German isn't great so...

Diese sammlung vereint die beiden legendären Otyg alben - Die vorreiter des Folk metals mit Vintersorgs einzigartigem gesang.

This collection unites both legendary Otyg albums - the precursors of Folk Metal with Vintersorg's unique vocals.

That's about it. But it's great news, though! :)

Diese sammlung vereint die beiden legendären Otyg alben - Die vorreiter des Folk metals mit Vintersorgs einzigartigem gesang.

This collection unites both legendary Otyg albums - the precursors of Folk Metal with Vintersorg's unique vocals.

Yeah, it's all there on their site. Too bad I am already awaiting an order from Napalm Records :cry:. Guess I'll have to wait till next paycheck.

MEIN GOTT! Must buy it.

i've been searching for Alvefard for centuries and now that i've it comes out the collection...doh! :eek:

Reissue of both Otyg albums?

Bring it!! I have Alfevard, but I never found Sagovinder Bonig (or whatever the name of the second album is..) and stopped looking for it ages ago.

29th of August, marked with fat red letters in my agenda!!

(someone should make a new thread regarding this great news)

I guess a late '09 release is realistic. I've written some tracks and they sounds very promosing...but Mattias and I will jam a bit more together this time around before we start to record stuff...so I think that we'll start the recording process in late '08.

mr V

Great news mr. V. I will be patience, and while the new album comes, I will enjoy with your other projects!!

Thanks for give us your music and inspiration!! :headbang:

It'll be a swedish album this time around also...It's kind of a concept album but with very vast frame..so it's not like a singel story with one particular ending, more like several themes that come together and co-operate to build a "universal" ending. We've not focused on Borknagar for some months now..mr Brun and mr V have focused on Cronian and the other guys have also done other stuff. But now we'll pay full attention to the new Borknagar album. And we need full attention and not just slacking around a write some part now and then...so beware!!! we're creating a "monster" :)

mr V

:headbang: