Vintersorg DVD

Vampyrian

Vault Dweller
Nov 20, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
I've read on another thread about a 'live dvd', well more of fans wanting something like that and I'd also love a 'Vintersorg DVD'...any chance of this becoming a reality one day, mr V? I think it would be easy for Vintersorg to sell out a ''small'' venue (by small I mean around 500,1000 people) in Sweden and record a nice 'intimate' live dvd:) Would surely be a nice treat for Vintersorg fans who aren't going to get the chance to see you perform live any time soon due to the fact that you're so busy. I beg you to take this into consideration (tho you already have) again...

What is going on with the Borknagar and Vintersorg DVD’s?
Well the Vintersorg DVD is just a rumor, it’s not true. We were supposed to do a DVD in 1999 or 2000. We liked the film, but the sound was terrible. We did the show in Montreal, Canada. The film was perfect, but the sound was crap. There was so much work to do with it we said forget it. After that we haven’t discussed it with anybody. But I see it all the time on the internet. But it’s not true.

Any possibilty of seeing any of this footage?:/ If the video is good I'm sure adding the 'album audio' to it would also not be that difficult, I realise that at that point the whole thing would stop being a 'live show':) But at least to a song or two :oops: Throwing a little something together for the loving fans... We of course ALL know that you are extremly busy (as I've stated before in this thread), but still...I'm just saying's all:)

Vampyrian said:
I've read on another thread about a 'live dvd', well more of fans wanting something like that and I'd also love a 'Vintersorg DVD'...any chance of this becoming a reality one day, mr V? I think it would be easy for Vintersorg to sell out a ''small'' venue (by small I mean around 1000,1500 people) in Sweden and record a nice 'intimate' live dvd:) Would surely be a nice treat for Vintersorg fans who aren't going to get the chance to see you perform live any time soon due to the fact that you're so busy. I beg you to take this into consideration (tho you already have) again...

Any possibilty of seeing any of this footage?:/ If the video is good I'm sure adding the 'album audio' to it would also not be that difficult, I realise that at that point the whole thing would stop being a 'live show':) But at least to a song or two :oops: Throwing a little something together for the loving fans... We of course ALL know that you are extremly busy (as I've stated before in this thread), but still...I'm just saying's all:)

I don´t think u can put the "album audio" on the livefootage cause he speeds up the tempo whens its live. hehe.....1000-1500, thats a alot of people to gather, but maybe if he play at closeupfestival or something! I whould anyway kill someone evil if i could get my hands on an awesome vintersorgDVD with some great setlist.

Edited. Yeah I know that 'live play' isn't the exact copy of the albums, but still..I was thinking more in the lines of ONE track or two tops to be honest. And I think that's doable. But then again it was a stupid idea...I for one would still like to see some of that footage even with the 'crap sound':D

It would be great to see a Vintersorg DVD of some kind, but I can't see it happening. He's a very busy man with his studies and all, and plus, the record label wouldn't make too much off it considering that Vintersorg is not a massive selling act - even on metal scales, Vintersorg is still reasonably lesser known (which in some ways is a good thing imo).

It would be great to see a Vintersors's dvd with live material..
I think that it's in live concert/session that an artist can express
himself better...and it's an incredible exchange of emotion with the audience:)

Rammpeth <- It's just as great as you can imagine (W.O.A. attendant), and most people listened to dark tranquillity at the same time..man...

Well, I would be satisfied with a small DVD accompanied with a CD. A few live performances, an interview, maybe one video.. with Mr. V. surfing on the waves of the sun.

More than a DVD i hope Vintersorg is going to do a proper tour after the new album is released, but one shouldn't hope of too much. ( if he does one it's a minor task filming the spectacle for DVD if he would satisfy himself with number of cameras less than the number of decimal of pi.)

thruldom said:
More than a DVD i hope Vintersorg is going to do a proper tour after the new album is released, but one shouldn't hope of too much. ( if he does one it's a minor task filming the spectacle for DVD if he would satisfy himself with number of cameras less than the number of decimal of pi.)

It whould be a more spectacular DVD if he choosed to have a few more cameras than the decimals of pi.

There is a company in Poland (I believe) that has a venue set up specifically for shooting DVDs. Excellent sound and video. I believe this is where Dark Tranquility and many others have done thiers.

So, how far is Norway from Poland, I ask you?:)

Atmarama said:
There is a company in Poland (I believe) that has a venue set up specifically for shooting DVDs. Excellent sound and video. I believe this is where Dark Tranquility and many others have done thiers.

So, how far is Norway from Poland, I ask you?:)

It's the same place that also Anathema and My Dying Bride shot their dvd

Plus you should ask how far is SWEDEN from Poland, as Vintersorg is from Sveden

that company sucks imo. their dvds are lifeless, people in there are not all their real fans, and the cameras are not what they sould be. just watch the dark tranquillity or green carnation dvds, theyre stale, boring and the "fans" look like its the first time they listen to the music

Thidrek said:
haha, on your map germany is stll divided into 2 parts :D
Yea I saw that. But Soviet is divided, and so is Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia. Strange.

Mantis said:
Plus you should ask how far is SWEDEN from Poland, as Vintersorg is from Sveden
That was what I subtly (?) tried to hint with that map. :)