Vintersorg, The Lord of the Rings?

Nordabrand

Aug 7, 2003
Visit site
Hey there. I just saw the last part of the trilogy of Lord of the Rings yesterday, Return of the King. It was a great, great movie, but something caught my eye in the middle of it...

As I am a highly devoted Vintersorg-fan, I know what Vintersorg looks like, and when I saw the movie RotK, I noticed that Eomér, Son of King Theodén of Rohan, bears a STRIKING resemblance to Vintersorg! I was like...woah, that's almost Vintersorg! 15 bucks if he does a live-set of "Dark Matter Mystery" on the battlefield :tickled: . No but seriously, hasn't anyone else noticed it? Take a look for yourself at http://tolkienilu.chez.tiscali.fr/film/ttt/eomer.jpg and http://www.subreality.com/eomer/gallery/eomer-movie49.jpg

Vintersorg - Son of Rohan? Rohirrim heathens!

/Nordabrand

well, he wasn´t that simular to vintersorg, except for the majestic beard that was kind of the same.

I can see it, but when I watched the movie I never crossed my mind. I was just just thinking of how good looking he was. I just had to add that, it's not often I think an actor is good looking.

Not that alike master-V but kind of a mix of Vortex and him + Andrew Craighan of My dying bride :loco:
andy_medium.jpg

Those kinds of movies need majestic metal in them!!

corrado said:
*lol*
Btw., the palestinian Sheikh Yassin that was murdered some weaks ago looked like Saruman.
Really? You have a picture of that Sheikh? Amazing, which directions those discussions here can take...
But I had the same "problem" during LOTR > a lot of extremly good-looking men (most of them exactly my taste... long hair etc...). Not that I thought of Mr.V at some time, but some similarities to Thomas from Thyrfing came into my mind, seing some of the guys! :D

Twilightheart said:
Really? You have a picture of that Sheikh? Amazing, which directions those discussions here can take...
But I had the same "problem" during LOTR > a lot of extremly good-looking men (most of them exactly my taste... long hair etc...). Not that I thought of Mr.V at some time, but some similarities to Thomas from Thyrfing came into my mind, seing some of the guys! :D
A picture of Yassin (he does not look that similar on this picture, but he always wore white and had that long white beard, so...)

http://www.wrmea.com/archives/May_2004/0405010.html

Some weeks ago, I was at a metal concert, where one underground band (don´t even remember their name and the type of music they played) had a guitarist who looked like Gimli. He was small, stout and had the same hair and a really long beard. Between the songs, people screamed "GIMLI, GIMLI..." , that was quite funny.

And YES, there WERE a lot of extremely good looking men in LOTR. :loco:

"Those kinds of movies need majestic metal in them!!"

I was thinking the very same thing!

I am in preproduction of my first feature film, which is based on Norse Mythology, and was thinking that having "Majestic Metal" on the soundtrack would be a great idea.
I don't think that it's ever been done, and it's so suitable to the material..

What bands would you guys suggest for something like that?