Vintersorg live?

S

svältvinter

A very well discussed old topic but i couldn´t find any old thread. Have Vintersorg ever played live since the bengtsforsfesival :) ?

Is there any chance it will happen again?

Do someone know why Vintersorg don't play live?
Is it because the musicians don't like to go on stage? Because they consider that Vintersorg is a studio band, the songs not being suited for concerts? Because they can't tour for professional/personal reasons? Another reason?
I'm sure it's an old question, but I still haven't found the answer in interviews or this forum...

Probably due to the fact that, yes, they are mainly a two piece studio band + It's been some time since they've rehearsed. Work and family issues come probably contribute. The stress, effort and commitment of touring/rehearsing is bound to have something to do with it. Finding other live members and stuff...
And one last thing, let's face it, the band doesn't really have a large following and bands get publicity by touring. So the only possible chance would be playing a festival scarcely.

Yesss, Vintersorg, play live!!! :worship:
At least one show in Sweden (so you don't need to leave your family and job for so long time)!!! Pleaseeee, and send a message with many months in advance so people in other countries could have time to save money and plan their trips to Stockholm?, Umeå? Skellefteå at least :D

Maybe their fans don't like crowded places and prefer to stay at home.

Nah, their fans prefer to stay in the woods...

Djöfull;9740599 said:
Probably due to the fact that, yes, they are mainly a two piece studio band + It's been some time since they've rehearsed. Work and family issues come probably contribute. The stress, effort and commitment of touring/rehearsing is bound to have something to do with it. Finding other live members and stuff... And one last thing, let's face it, the band doesn't really have a large following and bands get publicity by touring. So the only possible chance would be playing a festival scarcely.

Thanks a lot for you answer! That makes sense... I really hope that they'll do some concerts nonetheless.

Yesss, Vintersorg, play live!!! :worship: At least one show in Sweden (so you don't need to leave your family and job for so long time)!!! Pleaseeee, and send a message with many months in advance so people in other countries could have time to save money and plan their trips to Stockholm?, Umeå? Skellefteå at least :D

If I'm in France at that time, I'll travel for the show, for sure! Plus I've never been to Sweden... Stockholm would be perfect! :p
Even an acoustic show in a basement somewhere would make me happy ahah!

Maybe their fans don't like crowded places and prefer to stay at home.

Djöfull;9740599 said:
Probably due to the fact that, yes, they are mainly a two piece studio band + It's been some time since they've rehearsed. Work and family issues come probably contribute. The stress, effort and commitment of touring/rehearsing is bound to have something to do with it. Finding other live members and stuff...
And one last thing, let's face it, the band doesn't really have a large following and bands get publicity by touring. So the only possible chance would be playing a festival scarcely.

No, it's because Andreas and Mattias are so old that they can't play live because the coronary'd hit in :lol: .

Haha just kidding. I guess that, as with Bork, they can't do it mostly because of working schedules. And as Djöfull said, the band doesn't have a very large following. If you see, most of the fans here are not from Sweden/Scandinavia. So how many of would be able to afford a trip to Europe to see him live? Not sure, but my point is that a lot of the fans are from outside Scandinavia.

It is hard for the band/fans to be KVLT AZ FKK! But the prize is to be true and proud... and remain KVLT AZ FKK!

come and play on the foreshore, it's scandalously true!
and i can host you all (forummers included) in my hotel! ahahaha :lol:

I'd have to climb down out of the tree I live in, and stand in a *building*. To hell with that!

Ahaha, nice to know I’m not alone living in trees and hating all kinds of buildings!
Pretty funny thread! Erm yeah, “Vintersorg live” sounds a bit like black humour… :guh:

And as Djöfull said, the band doesn't have a very large following. If you see, most of the fans here are not from Sweden/Scandinavia. So how many of would be able to afford a trip to Europe to see him live? Not sure, but my point is that a lot of the fans are from outside Scandinavia.

So if they have such a small following, they could at least invite us for a barbecue and play some guitar! That would be KVLT AZ FKK! :p
More seriously: I know nothing about Skellefteå, but there must be (relatively) a lot of Metalheads in Stockholm… If Vintersorg plans a show or two it would gather some people, plus the fans who can travel from other European countries.
But… I understand that the whole process of planning it would be very complicated and time-consuming, like finding musicians, rehearsing, etc. It means a huge amount of work, for just one show, and for a small audience.
A Vintersorg concert would be a great gift to us, but maybe we’re not worthy??? :confused:

WTF....digressing x 1000 on this thread....What could i say....just, i love this forum!... hahahahaha