Andreas Hedlund: A Dedication Album

Svarthjärtad

Iskungen
Sep 2, 2007
Färgelanda
As you all most likely have read in other threads, I was working on an album totally dedicated to Andreas Hedlund.
A lot of you true fans of this man will respect what I'm doing and would like a copy, I would guess. Due to copyright laws, I cannot sell this record. However, since I'm pretty much poor nowadays, I may have to charge for shipping - not much, depends on where you reside, what country. Free shipping ONLY in Sweden.

For the most part, it's complete, I just need to enhance just a few more songs och do some more editing.

A lot of the songs are pretty much guessed by ear, so I will probably say that not all songs are 100% correct riffs, but they surely do sound a lot like the orginal covers.

You're probably wondering what the setlist is like? Here it is!:

Otyg - Trollslottet
Otyg - När Älvadrottningen Kröns
Otyg - Skymningsdans
Otyg - Fjällstorm
Otyg - I Trollberg och Skog
Otyg - Bergfadern
Vintersorg - Stilla
Vintersorg - Rundans/Svältvinter
Vintersorg - Till Fjälls
Vintersorg - Hednad I Ulvermånens Tecken
Vintersorg - Ödemarkens Son
Vintersorg - The Enigmatic Spirit
Vintersorg - Naturens Galleri
Vintersorg - Stralar
Borknagar - Four element synchronicity
Borknagar - The Human Nature
Fission - Magnetism
Waterclime - Scarytale
Waterclime - Floating
Cronian - Iceolated
Havayoth - Mirrors
Cosmic Death - Stjärnvindens Riddare

I shall keep you guys and gals posted and up to date - then when it is complete 100%, you can send me your mailing addresses and I will send them away.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Skål,
Svarthjärtad

Nice set list.

My address isn't long, only techinally two lines! There's no postal codes in Ireland.:lol:

hey that looks pretty nice :)
how about uploading the album somewhere in the net? i know an mp3 isn't as good as a cd record, but still, it would be easier, faster (and of course cheaper :p) than sending the stuff to all the people out there, not to mention that it would also make your job more popular.
anyways, i'm looking forward to hearing it when it's done ;)
cheers

Yes, it's probably going to be a 2-disk set, if not just an MP3 disk. I still haven't yet quick made my mind up yet.
Either way, I am not considering this album to be one of my own or of one of my bands even. This is something I've been working on for some time - pretty much to give my thanks and give something back to A. Hedlund in return for all that he's gaven myself, not just musically but personally as well.
A lot of people don't realize this, but he's very talented. Of course with his music (obviously), but with his songtexts - the words, the way he writes is just soo amazing and very rare. I mean, the words are very old dialect, especially in his older texts in Otyg and Vintersorg(MCD & TF). Some of the words, even I get troubles on. Haha.

Skål,
Svarthjärtad

I want it so badly!! :eek:

Great song list, full of favourites of mine (only really miss Under Norrskenets Fallande Ljusspel). "Bergfadern" is "Galdersong Till Bergfadern", right? The intro to the third Otyg demo. Also, you got the lyrics for Stjärnviddens Riddare? If so could you mayhap post them? :)

And if you need some cover artwork I hereby volunteer for the task. :Spin:

Expectations are high indeed.

While on the subject of covers of Vintersorg songs, which else are there? I know of Under Norrskenets Fallande Ljusspel by Out of Mind in lovely Spanish, Offerbäcken by Stefader here on the forum and Skuggan På Åsen by Nattsmyg. Anyone know if there are any else?

Svarthjärtad;6718557 said:
Yes, it's probably going to be a 2-disk set, if not just an MP3 disk. I still haven't yet quick made my mind up yet.
Either way, I am not considering this album to be one of my own or of one of my bands even. This is something I've been working on for some time - pretty much to give my thanks and give something back to A. Hedlund in return for all that he's gaven myself, not just musically but personally as well.
A lot of people don't realize this, but he's very talented. Of course with his music (obviously), but with his songtexts - the words, the way he writes is just soo amazing and very rare. I mean, the words are very old dialect, especially in his older texts in Otyg and Vintersorg(MCD & TF). Some of the words, even I get troubles on. Haha.

Skål,
Svarthjärtad

well, i think all of us know how unique he is with writing music. I always thought it was awesome how he made complex scientific words fit in so well with the rhythm and melody of the songs. :headbang:

Ahh, I did not mean to write "Bergfadern" - what I ment was "Bergtagen", from the first demo.
I really wanted to cover Under Norrskenets Fallande Ljusspel, but I really couldn't. I really love it, but it just brings back a lot of sad personal memories, and I didn't want to do it for that reason alone.

Do you mean if I could post the songtexts on here? Haha. I wish I knew them myself, but I don't. It's just an instrumental track. I listened closely, but I cannot seem to figure it out. And knowing Vintersorg, it's probably an old Skellefteå dialect. Haha. Even so, it's not really a great track anyway - it really doesn't sound too much like it, even if I would have the songtexts. So, most likely, it's not going to go onto the album.

As for the artwork, that is up to you, my man. I put my faith in you to make a kick-ass cover. That's if you wouldn't mind doing so even. I've thought about this, and I'm probably going to release this of my project, entitled: "VÅR", instead of Svarthjätad. I really have not decided on a perfect title for the album. I was thinking: "Galdersång Till Hedlund", but that's pretty typical. Perhaps something like:
1. Till månen och isen jag lyssnar.. Vilken vacker musik.
2. En värld av is i ett avlägset norr
3. Ännu Glöder Solen *also, a great Nordman song!*
4. Folksånger Till Hednaland

If anybody else has any better ideas for album titles, post back!

Skål på er!

Mountains? Haha. I really wish I could. Infact, I wish I could cover all of them, but I (as well with friends) could not learn them all of ear. Someday, I wish to gather true Vintersorg fans and start a cover band. A lot of people would love to see Vintersorg, but it is a bit difficult live. People say that I sound like him a bit in my vocals.
I can do "Hednad I Ulvermånens Tecken" perfectly - it sounds just like Vintersorg himself.
Anywho, what I was originally going say was that I ran into a bit of a problem on the editing... I need to redue the bass lines, then add the infamous "ohh-ohhh"s that Vintersorg does. Then, I will post samples on my MySpace profile or on Metalhordes.com.

Skål!

Oh yes, something I forgot to ask everybody...
Is there anybody here from or around Pennsylvania, USA?
I will be returning for this Christmas season for family visits - I would really love to meet more/true Vintersorg fans. Here, we don't have much - and if so, it's only fans of Otyg and Vintersorg, not too much fans of Waterclime, Borknagar, Havayoth, Fission, etc... which, is pretty lame in my opinion.

Hmm.... I would have to hear the quality of this project before I choose to own it. I am very picky about these types of projects and if not done in a convincing manner can be quite embarrasing and disgraceful.

Svarthjärtad;6727699 said:
Oh yes, something I forgot to ask everybody...
Is there anybody here from or around Pennsylvania, USA?
I will be returning for this Christmas season for family visits - I would really love to meet more/true Vintersorg fans. Here, we don't have much - and if so, it's only fans of Otyg and Vintersorg, not too much fans of Waterclime, Borknagar, Havayoth, Fission, etc... which, is pretty lame in my opinion.

Penn's a big state. Where are you stuck at? I lived the last three years in upstate NY, which is adjacent to Penn (about 3-4 hours from Erie, dunno what's biggest Penn city south of where I lived). I'm on the Pacific coast for the next couple of months though. =)