Vintersorg's new album?

Well, I can believe that the live musicians are able to play the stuff Steve and Asgeir played, but I'm more concerned with their writing abilities. Steve and Asgeir have extremely unique and amazing writing styles. I just hope the live people can match them in quality (not style per say)

HippieOfDoom said:
And don't worry, I hope to continue working with Mr.V and Asgeir in times to come. Too much talent and creativity to deny future endeavors with that combination.
SDG

I really really hope this is true. Even if it means a new band. you guys were such a brilliant combination :( haha, how about the two of you join Waterclime, make it a full band, then come tour the US :p :D

@Mr.V: I'm still wondering about this whole 'back to the old style'-thing... how come you suddenly change your (seemingly dogmatic but positively optimistic and progressive) 'artists ever evolve' attitude? I mean - the last two albums were so demanding and enriching, it's hard to get why you would want to step back from continuing this highly appreciated endeavor. Whatever, most possibly your comments on vintersorganic.com will tell...

I am not concerned about who is going to play what on the coming Vintersorg-album; why?

1. Because so far mr V has proved to his listeners that he can play and record different types ( or aspects) of metal, and i believe that he wouldn't make a bad record out of anything that he decides is good enough to share with his fans

2. Steve and Asgeir have as far as I know never been part of the band, but of course they have realized mr V's visions (hehe, pun intended) in marvelous way, if vintersorg (and Mattias) want to head a different direction, i think no one, not fans nor musicians, should critize it. Especially not before they've heard the result.

I am confident in that this record will be a triumph, and Vintersorg's folk metal is what got me into progressive stuff as well as black metal.

I am glad for this return to folk metal (and maybe also Swedish), we shall see.

i thought steve said before that a couple songs are sung in swedish again... :)
so hopefully the folk elements come together with the swedisch lyrics!

Tyraz said:
@Mr.V: I'm still wondering about this whole 'back to the old style'-thing... how come you suddenly change your (seemingly dogmatic but positively optimistic and progressive) 'artists ever evolve' attitude? I mean - the last two albums were so demanding and enriching, it's hard to get why you would want to step back from continuing this highly appreciated endeavor. Whatever, most possibly your comments on vintersorganic.com will tell...

It's of course not just a step back to the old style...what I've said is that the metal elements will be expanded, and also a more ethnic touch will be added. It'll be forward-thinking, but on a different level.

mr V

Vintersorg said:
It's of course not just a step back to the old style...what I've said is that the metal elements will be expanded, and also a more ethnic touch will be added. It'll be forward-thinking, but on a different level.

mr V
Alright, this sounds alot more promising than 'just the old stuff again', if you know what I mean. ;)

Hurry up with the homepage update! :)

Yeah, I'll stick to my word. I said; "I hope to continue working with them...".
Hope. I didn't say it would happen 100%. But I can hope to record with them again. We all need hope. Wihtout hope, all we have is hop. And I ain't no rabbit.
SDG

"Wihtout hope, all we have is hop. And I ain't no rabbit."

If you had said that about a month ago, I seriously would have used that as my senior quote.