VIP Tickets: Worth the money?

hyperbullet

New Metal Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi everyone!

Just a quick question: Are VIP tickets to Anthrax shows worth it? I'm looking for some opinions from people who have had the experience before, and maybe how it went? The reason I ask is I'm attending a show next week, headline show in a really tiny venue, and I think it might be cool to say hi and get some things signed. There's also a mention of some "secret VIP item", has anyone an idea what this is?

Any info from you guys would be great, thanks!

I have never met them but having heard from quite a few different poeople they say Scott and Charlie aren't to forthcoming , frank and joey always get good wraps , sort of kept me from meeting them over the years,u would hate to be dissapointed if u met your idols

You get your picture with them and can get several things signed - you don't really get much time to talk to them. Still, a good way to ensure you meet them, and it's quite cheap compared to most bands' meet & greets.

I have never met them but having heard from quite a few different poeople they say Scott and Charlie aren't to forthcoming , frank and joey always get good wraps , sort of kept me from meeting them over the years,u would hate to be dissapointed if u met your idols
- Joey is the friendliest, by far - quite outgoing and humble/gracious.
- Frank is very nice also, he's got the best sense of humor.
- Scott can go both ways depending on his mood. I've met him some days where he'd come up to me and strike up a conversation for a half hour, and other days where I'm lucky to get a nod of recognition out of him if I say hi.
- Charlie has always been really friendly to me, but he's a man of few words. He's the one I've met the least, as he often has family with him when I see him so I prefer to let him be.
- Jon is extremely shy - I don't know if I've ever got 5 words out of him.

I would concur with the assessment above. It's OK to get stuff signed (including guitars) but don't expect to become Best Friends Forever following the M&G.

I've no intention of becoming best friends with them :D The one drawback is that Charlie isn't on the current tour, so I might wait until they come to Europe again next year with the new album out. Then again they might not play a place so close again...decisions decisions....

I have done the meet and greet 3 or 4 times and its always pretty cool. Scott and Charlie normally don't say much and Frankie and Joey are more then appreciative of you being there. I can't tell you home many times they thanked me for coming. For less than $100.00 it is totally worth it and they will allow big items like guitars to be signed. If you have any Anthrax ink, be sure to show Charlie. He has taken pics of mine twice now.