Virgin Steele NY show!

mëtålspëd

Umlauts ist Krieg
May 2, 2004
MA
www.vintageocwhite.com
Came across the VS Myspace bulletin today:

"VIRGIN STEELE-BARBARIC-ROMANTICISM LIVE ON LONG ISLAND

BY THE GODS & GODDESSES THE DUBLIN PUB & HM DAVE PROUDLY PRESENT "An Evening with VIRGIN STEELE" ~Jan 19, 2007

BY THE HAMMER OF ZEUS, come and see them in this rare "one off" appearance before they return to Europe.

Hosted By: HM Dave
When: Friday Jan 19, 2007
Where: The Dublin Pub
2002 Jericho Turnpike
New Hyde Park, NY 11040
USA

Doors open at 9:00 PM
Tickets:$10.00

For further details contact The Dublin Pub at: (516) 352-9131 or
HM Dave at: hmdave66@aol."

I am SO trying to make this show :headbang:

Oh, damn, in all my years on the east coast I've avoided visiting Long Island. :zombie: I think a precedent is about to be broken. This looks like fun, despite the location. :heh: So, what can Islanders tell me about the venue, location etc?

Oh, damn, in all my years on the east coast I've avoided visiting Long Island. :zombie: I think a precedent is about to be broken. This looks like fun, despite the location. :heh: So, what can Islanders tell me about the venue, location etc?

Luckily, New Hyde Park isn't that far into Long Island. It's just over the border from Floral Park (Queens), and I think you'd get there pretty easily by taking the Verazzano. I'll probably be coming in from Hoboken, so Bob and I will take the Holland, and it looks like it's only about 25 miles. :headbang:

I don't know much about the venue, but I will find out more and post it here.

~C

Venue, location, etc....

The Dublin Pub is located on a main street (Jericho Tpke.) that runs through the commercial district of a mainly residential suburban community. If you take the major highways that run through Nassau County, New Hyde Park is actually the first exit outside New York City.

For anyone that is considering going to this show, I HIGHLY recommend the LIRR. If you take a train from Penn Station to the New Hyde Park station (30 mins., $6 bucks, run almost every hour, check here: MTA Home Page for details), the venue is w/n walking distance from the train. It's about a ten minute walk. Tired? Cold? Drunk? Lazy? There's a taxi service right accross the street from the train stop. I would imagine a ride from the train to the Dublin is about $2. It's literally a one minute drive.

The venue itself....well....it's a bar. As of late, they've been having a ton of cover bands (see Iron Priestl, for example). Virgin Steele is BY FAR the biggest band they've ever had (at least in terms of notariety). The second biggest is probably Mastermind, who played there last month.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer.

So the Long Island Scene has been reduced to the Dublin Pub,sad.
I've been there before,this place (I moved from the HellHole known as Long Island in 2000)mainly catered to top 40 coverbands(anyone in the area remember omnipop,does that management still exist,Omnipop basicly managed like 15 top 40 coverbands,and basicly had a stranglehold on most bars,you could littereally go bar hopping to 5-6 different bars and hear normally horrible songs like Tubthumping(anyone remember that stupid song by Chumbowumba),Blister in the Sun,ext,desecrated all night)
Sould probably is substandard(remember,these bars catered to the drunken frat boys and their groupies,so sound was never given priority)
It is 10 minutes from the Queens/Nassau County line

Where on LI did you live that you consider it a hell-hole?????
Centereach till 1994(23 years old),Massapequa til 1999,Coram till 2000
lets see
Cost of living
Shitty job situation(for what I do)
Taxes
Lilco(highest energy rates by far in th eUSA)
Guidos
Cover band hell
Shitty weather(hate cold weather/snow)
too many bad things that wrecked my life repeatedly happened there that probably is the reason I'm damaged beyond repair now

any more reasons

Man I hate you east coasters. :(

We
Love_0091.gif
you though, :(