VIRON - Ferrum Gravis (22.2.2008)

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
That's right, the 2nd Viron album is coming out in a couple of months. It's thru Metal Heaven Records which is good news because I had some trouble finding the debut; Metal Heaven has pretty good distribution at least here in Europe. Here's a new video for the song "On The Run" and there's another song in Myspace. Sounds great!

Last edited by a moderator:
The first album had some killer tunes and some mediocre ones. But, overall, I liked it. However, the new song sounds very groovy and a little far away from the old school sound.

I also like the debut, and the song sounds alright. Thanks for the info.

NP: Project Creation - 'Dragonfly Garden'

I already downloaded it. Pretty good album, worth the money to purchase it.

I got the real thing yesterday, after a few spins it definitely stands up to the debut and in terms of consistency surpasses it. No filler songs here and surprisingly enough the classic speed metal breaks and twin guitars sound really fresh. It's all been done 20 years ago but still, when you do it right like these guys it always manages to wow me.

But I have to say I found the vocals on FG significantly weaker and flatter than on NWOGHM. I don't know if it's a mix issue or what, but Stahl's voice doesn't have that same bite and ferocity here. One of the best things about NWOGHM were the vocals IMO.

Well, no disappointment in any case.

np: Queen - March of the Black Queen

My copy is on the way, let's see when arrives.