Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk
In Flames - A Sense of Purpose
Testament – The Formation Of Damnation
Judas Priest - Nostradamus
Evergrey - Torn

the shit that sucks and please go away:

Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy
Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles
Kiss - Jigoku-Retsuden (new recordings of old songs. Released in Japan...just awful)

Nice to see so many including Gojira. I think the new album is brilliant, as are their others for that matter. I saw them live about a month ago, and they were freaking awesome.

Nice to see so many including Gojira. I think the new album is brilliant, as are their others for that matter. I saw them live about a month ago, and they were freaking awesome.

Ya I saw them two years ago open for Amon Amarth & Children of Bodom. Thought they were good...and then I saw them with In Flames a month ago when I was in Las Vegas...holy shit!!..they were the best band on the bill.

Top 10 albums of 2008

01 Arsis - We Are The Nightmare
02 Behemoth - Live Apostasy
03 Kataklysm - Prevail
04 Carach Angren - Lammendam
05 Elite - We Own The Mountains
06 Nevermore - Year Of The Voyager
07 Zero Hour - Dark Deceiver
08 Prostitute Disfigurement - Descendants Of Depravity
09 Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls
10 Vomit The Hate - Of Ignorance And Self Destruction

3 best DVDs of 2008

1 Novembers Doom - The Novella Vosselaar
2 Nevermore - Year Of The Voyager -
3 ZZ Top - Live From texas

Best concert of 2008

Immortal at Graspop

I guess I am now officially the black sheep of UMOS ;)

I guess I am now officially the black sheep of UMOS ;)

1) Not really, I guess UltimateMetal still beats you at listening to *ehem* extreme metal :p

2) We both like the Seventh Wonder album

3) You always will be part of the old guard regulars who built this forum. Nobody will ever be allowed to dismiss your input, not even me who thinks you listening to *ehem* weird music :lol:

Glad to se you around, please drop more often :kickass:

just my opinion but the people who dislike chinese democracy either don't like it because they want a reunion of the older guys or don't like it because they are stuck in 1989 and don't want anything that sounds new. if slash, duff and izzy played on chinese democracy and it sounded exactly the same i bet a bunch of people would talk about how great it is

just my opinion but the people who dislike chinese democracy either don't like it because they want a reunion of the older guys or don't like it because they are stuck in 1989 and don't want anything that sounds new. if slash, duff and izzy played on chinese democracy and it sounded exactly the same i bet a bunch of people would talk about how great it is

actually I just don't like because its not good. I don't care what the line up is. Overall its terrible. And I listen to all kinds of rock/metal music old and new.

just my opinion but the people who dislike chinese democracy either don't like it because they want a reunion of the older guys or don't like it because they are stuck in 1989 and don't want anything that sounds new.

Valid point, but not correct in all cases. I would rather he called it something else and not GNR, but that's beside the point. I simply find Chinese Democracy boring, overpolished and mediocre. The name, to me, is an afterthought.

You're welcome to debate it with me, it's all opinion at the end of the day. But your assumption that those who don't like it because they are "stuck in 1989" is erroneous.

Nope, then we would have gone on about how slash, duff and izzy sold out.

Valid point, but not correct in all cases. I would rather he called it something else and not GNR, but that's beside the point. I simply find Chinese Democracy boring, overpolished and mediocre. The name, to me, is an afterthought.

You're welcome to debate it with me, it's all opinion at the end of the day. But your assumption that those who don't like it because they are "stuck in 1989" is erroneous.

mediocre? people listed death magnetic and S.O.L.A. as one of the best albums of the year and think chinese democracy is mediocre. thats the most riculous thing i ever heard

and about not calling it GNR. there are guys who have now been in the band longer than izzy, gilby clarke, matt sorum and steven adler and just as long as slash. axl has conducted some Q&A sessions recently on various GNR forums and he has said that everyone in GNR signed a contract that clearly stated axl was the owner of the GNR name but they had a controlling share of any of the music recorded while in they were in GNR. axl also made it clear that a solo album would sound nothing like chinese democracy and would be much more moodier and have less to do with hard rock than the CD stuff

1) Not really, I guess UltimateMetal still beats you at listening to *ehem* extreme metal :p

2) We both like the Seventh Wonder album

3) You always will be part of the old guard regulars who built this forum. Nobody will ever be allowed to dismiss your input, not even me who thinks you listening to *ehem* weird music :lol:

Glad to se you around, please drop more often :kickass:

I know buddy. :) I was just kidding around, black metal, black sheep... ;) I will post more in 2009. No problem.

Does this bring me back to the unofficial UMOS black sheep? :)

Ha ha. Nice one! How are you btw?

mediocre? people listed death magnetic and S.O.L.A. as one of the best albums of the year and think chinese democracy is mediocre. thats the most riculous thing i ever heard

I didn't name any of those albums to my top 10. Personally, the new Motley was horrible (save for the 1 single). What does that have to do Chinese Democracy?

I've been waiting for CD for 15 years and it simply didn't deliver. I've tried to look at the record on it's own merits, but it just doesn't do anything for me at the end of the day. It's not bad by any means, but I like my top 10 much more than Chinese D. If you like it, great!

I'm not trying to prevent you from enjoying, only stating my opinion of that piece of music.

and about not calling it GNR. there are guys who have now been in the band longer than izzy, gilby clarke, matt sorum and steven adler and just as long as slash.....

We've had this debate before. I understand that point completely, but how I've known GNR has always been Slash, Duff and Axl. Sort of like how people know Skid Row as the 4 guys + Bach or Zep with the four members. Without just seems odd.

Ha ha. Nice one! How are you btw?
Doing pretty well buddy, can't complain. How've you been - busy no doubt?

I didn't name any of those albums to my top 10. Personally, the new Motley was horrible (save for the 1 single). What does that have to do Chinese Democracy?

I've been waiting for CD for 15 years and it simply didn't deliver. I've tried to look at the record on it's own merits, but it just doesn't do anything for me at the end of the day. It's not bad by any means, but I like my top 10 much more than Chinese D. If you like it, great!

I'm not trying to prevent you from enjoying, only stating my opinion of that piece of music.

We've had this debate before. I understand that point completely, but how I've known GNR has always been Slash, Duff and Axl. Sort of like how people know Skid Row as the 4 guys + Bach or Zep with the four members. Without just seems odd.

Doing pretty well buddy, can't complain. How've you been - busy no doubt?

do you complain whitesnake has a different lineup on almost every?

I disagree and stand by my comment:

Guns ‘N Roses – Chinese Democracy (Geffen)

Man is this the best Axl could do? Just think what he would have done if he had been given a 9 month deadline to write and record an album?

It's simply not a strong album....It would have been worse if the classic line-up would have taken part....

URIAH HEEP: Wake the sleeper
JOURNEY: Revelation
DREAMTIDE: Dream and deliver
BLACKSTONE CHERRY: Folklore and superstition
UZZHUAIA: destino perdición
PORTRAIT: Portrait
PHARAOH: Be gone
FIREWIND: The premonition
ECLIPSE: Are you ready to rock
DEAD CONGREGATION: Ode to the archangels

Honorable mentions:
AMON AMARTH, SINNER, BATTLEROAR, HONEYMOON SUITE, EXTREME, FROM THE INSIDE, PANTHEIST,...

Disappointings:

Judas Priest - Nostradamus
Avantasia: Scarecrow
Destruction - DEVOLUTION
Ramos / Hugo - Ramos - Hugo
Starbreeaker - Love´s dying wish